Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

The 13 People You See On Case Green

By Leah Wolff
May 7, 2014 - 7:54pm

‘Tis the season to chill on the green! Since the weather’s been nice (finally!), chances are you’ve seen all of these types in action already. We wanted to give these guys the spotlight to emphasize just how bizarre (and at the same time incredible) the Skidmore green can be. Tight Rope Walkers It's lucky that this campus has so many trees because, without fail, when the sun’s out you can bet there will be a rope tied between two trees for barefooted partakers to walk on.   Hula-Hoopers READ MORE

Senior Studio Art Thesis Exhibition 2014

By Remy Marin
May 7, 2014 - 3:30pm

Every year, the very talented graduating Studio Art majors get to showcase their work at the Tang Museum during senior week. These students have worked incredibly hard to improve and grow over the past four years, and this is their chance to show their peers the culmination of their journey. This year, the opening reception is on Friday, May 9 from 6-8pm, and the exhibition will be open on: Friday, May 9: 9 am to 8 pm
Saturday and Sunday, May 10, 11: Noon to 5 pm 
Monday through Wednesday, May 12-14: 9 am to 5 pm
Thursday, May 15: 9 am-9 pm
Friday, May 16: 9 am to 6 pm 
Saturday, May 17: noon to 6 pm READ MORE

Maggie Patterson '15

By Remy Marin
May 6, 2014 - 7:03pm

READ MORE

What are you most looking forward to about summer?

By Remy Marin

8 Best Ice Cream Spots Near Campus

By Melissa Davis
May 4, 2014 - 7:55pm

It’s finally warm out, which means that all the best ice cream spots are open! We made a list of our favorite seasonal and non-seasonal ice cream places in and around Saratoga. If you’re not staying for summer, or if you just want a fun study break snack, be sure to take advantage of these ice cream places before you leave! Dairy Haus “Dairy Haus is my favorite local ice cream place!” – Kaitlin ’14  If you haven’t been to Dairy Haus, you are missing out.  This seasonal place is conveniently located on Maple Ave, and they make their own hard ice cream in a variety of flavors that change regularly. They also have a variety of dip flavors.  READ MORE

Wafflefest

By Sophia Inkeles
May 3, 2014 - 1:21pm

It's almost time to take a break from studying for finals and writing those last minute papers, because the best night of the year is this Sunday: Wafflefest! Let's be honest, plates full of breakfast foods and desserts make everything better, so head down to the Dining Hall to indulge in some delicious treats. With all the hard work you're doing, you know you deserve it. Admission is free for all students, so Wafflefest will likely be packed by 8pm. Make sure to get there early if you want to avoid waiting in line for your favorite pancakes, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, and dessert pizzas. See you all there!     READ MORE

Maggie Morrissey '14

By Melissa Davis
May 2, 2014 - 7:29pm

Year: 2014 Major: Exercise Science Hometown: Amesbury, MA Relationship Status: Very Single   Hobbies/Interests: Running, watching netflix   Any secret talents:  Tap dancing   Most played song on your ipod: Move by Little Mix   Celebrity crush: Matt Damon   Favorite Skidmore memory: FUN DAY!   READ MORE

Remy Marin '15, Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Skidmore

By Kate Moriarty
May 1, 2014 - 7:21pm

Here at Skidmore, we’re all about lady power, and that’s why we’re so proud of our Her Campus chapter and all of its members. This fall, Remy Marin ’15 will be taking over HC Skidmore as the new Editor-in-Chief and President. Remy has already been diving into her new role by editing and posting content, holding club meetings, and organizing the editorial calendar for the final weeks of this spring semester. We caught up with Remy to learn what it’s like behind the scenes, what she’s up to at Skidmore, and what her plans are for the future. READ MORE

What do you associate most with finals week?

By Remy Marin

By Remy Marin