Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

5 Steps to a Stress-Free Internship Hunt

By Remy Marin
March 5, 2014 - 10:00am

The summer internship hunt can be a complete nightmare. Year after year, collegiettes have to pull countless resumes, cover letters and contacts together to try and find a fulfilling—and, fingers crossed, maybe even paid—opportunity. To help simplify the process, we’ve put together a guide for staying focused, organized, and as stress-free as possible while finding a kick-butt internship. 1. Perfect the essentials READ MORE

The 6 Types of People on the First Floor of the Lib

By Kim Ohnemus
March 4, 2014 - 12:00pm

With midterms upon us (yikes), most of us collegiettes find ourselves spending a little too much time in the library. Of course, we last-minute crammers aren’t the only species to be found; check out the six people you see on the first floor of the library and see if you can spot them yourself! 1. The Flirt READ MORE

5 Ways to Wear Your Fave Oscars Fashions

By Kate Moriarty
March 3, 2014 - 8:00am

It almost hurts to watch; every time your favorite starlets trot their way across the red carpet, you can't help but swoon at their dresses (and go green with envy). What's a girl got to do to get her hands on a Dior gown, anyway!? Even though most of us won't be stocking our closets with haute couture anytime soon--hello, collegiette budget!--we don't have to settle for less. Instead, we can take our own spin on the red carpet-worthy ensembles and stun the crowds ourselves! Check out our five favorite Oscars 2014 looks for less; good for class, for a date, for a day trip, for a night on the town, and most importantly, for your budget. 1. Jennifer Lawrence, Dior READ MORE

Olivia Dynan '16

By Emily Kaplan
March 2, 2014 - 7:30pm

Name: Olivia Dynan Class Year: Sophomore Major: Business Hometown: Brookline, MA Hobbies: Soccer, tennis, hot yoga & Skidmore Women in Business  Relationship Status: Single Tell us a fun fact about yourself. I'm lactose intolerant. Name your top three celebrity crushes. READ MORE

Maddi Reynolds: Saturday Night Fashion

By Sara Pion
March 1, 2014 - 10:00am

This classy yet fabulous (as Coco Chanel would say) ensemble is being sported by Her Campus writer Maddi Reynolds. Maddi is a freshman and is undecided as a major. We hope this style blog is used as inspiration as going out clothes that don't look too scandalous and don't break the bank. Top: Free People Jeans: American Eagle Shoes: Steve Madden.   How would you describe your style? READ MORE

Sheldon Solomon: Psych Professor & Skidmore Legend

By Maddi Reynolds
February 28, 2014 - 10:00am

READ MORE

5 Favorite Oscars Nominees

By Sophia Inkeles
February 27, 2014 - 6:05pm

Award show season is upon us! The Oscars promise to be as entertaining as ever this year, as Ellen DeGeneres will take the stage for the second year in a row to host the most prestigious night in Hollywood. Although the Oscars claim to be impartial, it's obvious that sometimes the person that deserves to win is not always the person that does win. Let’s be honest, Hollywood isn't exactly a prime example of a meritocracy at work. In an attempt to recognize the individuals who may not take home the award but certainly deserve to do so, we’ve chosen our favorite picks for Oscars 2014. We definitely recommend tuning in on Sunday, March 2, if for no other reason than to check out the outfits and to see what shenanigans Ellen has come up with for this year...

7 Signs You're Winston from 'New Girl'

By Sara Pion
February 27, 2014 - 10:00am

Whether you're a die-hard New Girl fan or just getting into the series, you already know and love Zooey Deschanel. However, as much as we adore America's favorite quirky schoolteacher, we can't help but carry a torch for another, less famous New Girl character: Winston. Plus, we have a feeling he might just be our alter ego. Check out the seven signs you're Winston from New Girl, and get ready to purchase some puzzles, a cat, and a whole lot of fruity drinks. You love to party: You dream big: READ MORE

Which nominated film do you think should win the Oscar for Best Picture?

By Kate Moriarty

Local Music Night

By Kate Moriarty
February 26, 2014 - 10:00am

In case you're still in the mood for more Falstaff's fun--after an action-packed past few weeks--we've got the perfect event for you. This Friday at 9:00 p.m.m Falstaff's will open its doors to local bands Hand Habits and Soft Powers for your listening pleasure! Hosted by WSPN and Lively Lucy's, this event is the perfect opportunity to get a taste of local flavor (without having to endure the DJs and Club MINE). READ MORE