Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Sheldon Solomon: Psych Professor & Skidmore Legend

By Maddi Reynolds
February 28, 2014 - 10:00am

READ MORE

5 Favorite Oscars Nominees

By Sophia Inkeles
February 27, 2014 - 6:05pm

Award show season is upon us! The Oscars promise to be as entertaining as ever this year, as Ellen DeGeneres will take the stage for the second year in a row to host the most prestigious night in Hollywood. Although the Oscars claim to be impartial, it's obvious that sometimes the person that deserves to win is not always the person that does win. Let’s be honest, Hollywood isn't exactly a prime example of a meritocracy at work. In an attempt to recognize the individuals who may not take home the award but certainly deserve to do so, we’ve chosen our favorite picks for Oscars 2014. We definitely recommend tuning in on Sunday, March 2, if for no other reason than to check out the outfits and to see what shenanigans Ellen has come up with for this year...

7 Signs You're Winston from 'New Girl'

By Sara Pion
February 27, 2014 - 10:00am

Whether you're a die-hard New Girl fan or just getting into the series, you already know and love Zooey Deschanel. However, as much as we adore America's favorite quirky schoolteacher, we can't help but carry a torch for another, less famous New Girl character: Winston. Plus, we have a feeling he might just be our alter ego. Check out the seven signs you're Winston from New Girl, and get ready to purchase some puzzles, a cat, and a whole lot of fruity drinks. You love to party: You dream big: READ MORE

Local Music Night

By Kate Moriarty
February 26, 2014 - 10:00am

In case you're still in the mood for more Falstaff's fun--after an action-packed past few weeks--we've got the perfect event for you. This Friday at 9:00 p.m.m Falstaff's will open its doors to local bands Hand Habits and Soft Powers for your listening pleasure! Hosted by WSPN and Lively Lucy's, this event is the perfect opportunity to get a taste of local flavor (without having to endure the DJs and Club MINE). READ MORE

Which nominated film do you think should win the Oscar for Best Picture?

By Kate Moriarty

8 Must-See Romantic Movies in Theaters

By Leah Wolff
February 25, 2014 - 9:00am

Whether you celebrated with a special someone or proudly alone, Valentine’s Day left a little love in the air.  Lucky for us, this love came in the form of a top notch box-office line-up (and by top notch we mean extra romantic, extra emotional, obviously).  It’s been far too long since we’ve seen some decent chick flicks hit the big screen, but finally they’re all coming to us at once!  Grab your gal pals because there are plenty of mushy movies out now, as well as some future ones to get excited about. In Theaters: Labor Day - In Theaters READ MORE

Russell Bollag-Miller '16

By Liz Estey
February 23, 2014 - 5:20pm

Name: Russell Bollag-Miller Class Year: 2016 Major: Advanced Mathematics Hometown: Southie Hobbies: Reading, writing on mirrors, janitoring Relationship Status: Gotta see about a girl   Tell us something about yourself that would surprise people. READ MORE

10 Hottest American Olympians

By Melissa Davis
February 22, 2014 - 1:01pm

In case you needed 10 more reasons to watch the Olympics this week, check out our 10 favorite, hottest American Olympians! They may not win gold in Sochi, but they'll always win gold in our hearts. READ MORE

Remy Marin '15: Interview Outift

By Emily Kaplan
February 22, 2014 - 9:00am

As summer is approaching and we are all getting ready for those internships (or jobs, for you seniors out there!), we keep hearing the question of what is “business casual” floating around. We all struggle with this question because we don’t normally dress like this on a day-to-day basis. Junior Remy Marin shows us how it’s done before her internship interview and shares some advice for pulling it off yourself! READ MORE

Jess DeTorres: Nail Art Guru

By Melissa Davis
February 20, 2014 - 10:00am

Jess DeTorres '14 Her Campus: How long have you been doing nail designs? Jess DeTorres: I started sophomore year of college, so a little over two years. HC: What types of brushes, tools, etc. do you use in order to create your intricate designs? READ MORE