Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Ben Ginsberg '18, DHall Date Boy

By Ruby Siegel
September 24, 2014 - 12:14pm

Ben Ginsberg '18 became famous when the Yik Yak community picked up on him going all-out on a date at DHall. We've got the scoop on what inspired the idea and the advice he has for campus-bound romantics who want to make an evening special.  Name: Ben Ginsberg Class year: 2018 Hometown: Ormond by the sea, FL Majors: undecided   READ MORE

Scandal Refresher: The Biggest Questions We Have Going Into Season 4

By Leah Mirani
September 23, 2014 - 6:35pm

Well Gladiators, the wait is nearly over. We’ve all been groaning and biting our nails in anticipation since April, but in just a few short days we can all cry out ABC’s new favorite slogan, #TGIT (Thank God It’s Thursday), because at 9pm on September 25th, Olivia Pope and company will make their triumphant return. In honor of our queen’s fast approaching comeback, let’s review some of last season’s biggest cliffhangers and remind ourselves of all wonderfully scandalous storylines we have to look forward to in the hit show’s fourth season. 1. Where on Earth is Olivia Pope? READ MORE

Recap of the 10 Hottest Summer Trends and Where to Get Them

By Ruby Siegel
September 20, 2014 - 6:30pm

This summer brought some pretty cool trends, and we're not quite ready to let them go. From accessories to jewelry, Her Campus has the ultimate list of what's hot and how to find them so we can enjoy the fun of summer for a little bit longer. 1. Flash Tattoos What they are: “Jewelry inspired temporary tattoos” that use metallic colors and funky designs to take them to the next level. Beyonce loves them. Where to buy them: On the flashtat website. 2. The Lokai Bracelet READ MORE

Ali Gendron '17

By Maddi Reynolds
September 20, 2014 - 11:18am

Name: Ali Gendron a.k.a. Al-cat Class Year: 2017 Major: Business Hometown: Wellesley, MA Hobbies/interests: Feminism, Buddhism, music (classic rock and folk/alternative), reading, long car rides, coffee, FOOD and movies (shout out to garden state, fight club, pulp fiction, memento, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, dazed and confused, and boyhood). READ MORE

The State of the College Address

By Remy Marin
September 19, 2014 - 1:04pm

At 3:30 on Friday, SGA is hosting an event at which President Glotzbach will speak and students will be given the opportunity to ask him and SGA questions. This is a great opportunity to learn more about future plans for Skidmore and have your voice heard. Plus, there will be free food, Skidmore swag, and prizes handed out. What could be better?   READ MORE

10 Skidmore Reactions to our Best and Weirdest Rankings

By Danielle Ostrove
September 15, 2014 - 9:48pm

Our beloved Skidmore has accumulated some highly deserved appraisals from institutions like Newsweek, US College Ranking, and Niche College Rankings over the past few years, while at the same time making some less flattering lists. Here are some of the ones we appreciate—and in some cases, question—the most, as told by our favorite TV and movie characters. 1. 1 of 25 New Ivies, Newsweek (2013)  Move over, Harvard. Olive Pendergast knows what’s up. READ MORE

Caty Sheridan '15: Co-Captain of Skidmore Girls Soccer

By Remy Marin
September 15, 2014 - 7:00pm

To round out a successful soccer career at Skidmore, Caty Sheridan '15 is spending her last season as Co-Captain. Find out what she loves most about playing and how to cheer this team on! READ MORE

Spicy Garrick '16

By Emily Kaplan
September 14, 2014 - 10:47pm

Spicy Garrick ’16 rocks a comfy yet fashionable look in her Dries Van Noten top, JCrew pants, Comme des Garcons sweater, and hand-me-down boots. Spicy shows us how to sport a stylish and unique look, even on a cold rainy day.    Her Campus: How would you describe your style? READ MORE

Do's and Don'ts of Freshman Year

By Alli Burdick
September 13, 2014 - 11:40am

Starting Freshman year is hard, and it's so easy to make mistakes along the way. Luckily, we've put together some tips for all incoming Freshman to learn from us to make your first year at Skidmore a breeze! Do's ·      Do go to Falstaffs once, but never again ·      Do explore all of Saratoga; be sure to hit up the outdoors farmers market while you can ·      Do purchase at least one Patagonia for your fall and winter wardrobe ·      Do walk wherever you can when you can while the weather is still warm READ MORE

Emma Giles '16

By Sara Pion
September 12, 2014 - 5:05pm

Fashionista Emma Giles '17 rocks Frye Boots, a Nordstrom’s Dress, a thrifted Tobi cardi and Urban Outfitter socks perfecting the perfect summer to fall transition outfit. I spotted this fashionable ensemble in the pasta line at Dhall and just had to ask Emma about her personal style and fashion sense. HC: How would you describe your day to day style? READ MORE