Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

What did you miss most about Skidmore/Saratoga Springs during break?

By Kate Moriarty

Pick It or Skip It: Spring Break Drinks That Won't Wreck Your Diet

By Sara Pion
March 8, 2014 - 9:00am

Spring break has finally arrived, and we hope all you collegiettes are spending the week somewhere warm! (Or recreating the sun and surf feel with home-blended piña coladas, at least.) Still, with so much fun to be had, the last thing we 21+ collegiettes want to be worrying about is how our fruity, frozen drinks are affecting our waistlines. Spring break is like one week-long cheat day, to be fair, but if you're hoping not to stray too far from a diet, it can't hurt to cut calories the easy way: by drinking even more delicious substitutes! Find out which drinks to pick and which drinks to skip; after all, you worked hard for that bikini bod! Advice courtesy of one of HC Skidmore's licensed bartenders! Skip:...

Tobi Ewing: Founder & President of Element Fashion Group

By Leah Wolff
March 7, 2014 - 9:00am

Besides being one of the most stylish girls on campus (and that’s tough!), Tobi Ewing ’15 is the founder and president of Element Fashion Group, which puts on Skidmore’s continually successful annual fashion show. We picked her brain on fashion, Element, and her future in the industry. Check her out! Have you always been passionate about fashion or is this more of a recent discovery? READ MORE

Beardo in Somerville

By Kate Moriarty
March 6, 2014 - 5:51pm

Heading back to the Boston area over break? Show your support in Somerville for Skidmore's very own Beardo! The band will be performing in PA's lounge, located at 345 Somerville Avenue, this Friday night. $10 cover charge, 11 p.m. show, 12 reasons to go: READ MORE

What are your plans for spring break?

By Kate Moriarty

5 Steps to a Stress-Free Internship Hunt

By Remy Marin
March 5, 2014 - 10:00am

The summer internship hunt can be a complete nightmare. Year after year, collegiettes have to pull countless resumes, cover letters and contacts together to try and find a fulfilling—and, fingers crossed, maybe even paid—opportunity. To help simplify the process, we’ve put together a guide for staying focused, organized, and as stress-free as possible while finding a kick-butt internship. 1. Perfect the essentials READ MORE

The 6 Types of People on the First Floor of the Lib

By Kim Ohnemus
March 4, 2014 - 12:00pm

With midterms upon us (yikes), most of us collegiettes find ourselves spending a little too much time in the library. Of course, we last-minute crammers aren’t the only species to be found; check out the six people you see on the first floor of the library and see if you can spot them yourself! 1. The Flirt READ MORE

5 Ways to Wear Your Fave Oscars Fashions

By Kate Moriarty
March 3, 2014 - 8:00am

It almost hurts to watch; every time your favorite starlets trot their way across the red carpet, you can't help but swoon at their dresses (and go green with envy). What's a girl got to do to get her hands on a Dior gown, anyway!? Even though most of us won't be stocking our closets with haute couture anytime soon--hello, collegiette budget!--we don't have to settle for less. Instead, we can take our own spin on the red carpet-worthy ensembles and stun the crowds ourselves! Check out our five favorite Oscars 2014 looks for less; good for class, for a date, for a day trip, for a night on the town, and most importantly, for your budget. 1. Jennifer Lawrence, Dior READ MORE

Olivia Dynan '16

By Emily Kaplan
March 2, 2014 - 7:30pm

Name: Olivia Dynan Class Year: Sophomore Major: Business Hometown: Brookline, MA Hobbies: Soccer, tennis, hot yoga & Skidmore Women in Business  Relationship Status: Single Tell us a fun fact about yourself. I'm lactose intolerant. Name your top three celebrity crushes. READ MORE

Maddi Reynolds: Saturday Night Fashion

By Sara Pion
March 1, 2014 - 10:00am

This classy yet fabulous (as Coco Chanel would say) ensemble is being sported by Her Campus writer Maddi Reynolds. Maddi is a freshman and is undecided as a major. We hope this style blog is used as inspiration as going out clothes that don't look too scandalous and don't break the bank. Top: Free People Jeans: American Eagle Shoes: Steve Madden.   How would you describe your style? READ MORE