Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Rebecca Green '15

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
September 29, 2014 - 7:08pm

Name: Rebecca Green Major: Sociology Hometown: Mt. Kisco, NY Year: 2015   HC: What made you choose this outfit? RG: I woke up very uninterested in color :). READ MORE

Couples Edition: Libby Oehrlein '17 and Leif Catania '17

By Danielle Ostrove
September 26, 2014 - 9:19am

The more the merrier, right? That’s why I love the Couples Edition of Campus Cuties. Here is this week’s cute couple, Leif and Libby. Read on to see how these two sophomores were able to successfully transition their relationship from high school to college.  Name: Libby Oehrlein Year: 2017 Major: Education Studies and Psychology Minor: Dance Hometown: Chester, NJ READ MORE

Eric Harland with Voyager

By Remy Marin
September 25, 2014 - 5:00pm

This Friday, Grammy nominee Eric Harland will be coming to perform on the Zankel stage with his group Voyager. Cost is $5 for students and $8 for adults, and is well worth it.   As is listed on the event page, Siddhartha Mitter of the Boston Globe has said that, “If Harland is in such demand, it’s because his skill, versatility, and personality have sent his fellow musicians searching for superlatives.” Don't miss this potentially incredible performance! READ MORE

4 Best Brunch Spots in Saratoga

By Sophia Inkeles
September 25, 2014 - 2:36pm

Listen up brunch lovers! Whether you are an omlette aficionado, a French toast fiend, or a pastry person, Saratoga Springs has a breakfast option that is perfect for you! HC Skidmore is breaking down Saratoga’s best breakfast places to help you decide where to indulge your breakfast cravings and start your mornings off right.     1. Triangle Diner: READ MORE

Jenna Frank '15

By Remy Marin
September 24, 2014 - 5:22pm

Shirt: An essential tiny black tanktop from some store in Manhattan.  Skirt: Anthropologie clearance rack.  Shoes: From the streets of Buenos Aires. Name: Jenna Frank Class Year: 2015 Major: Environmental Studies Hometown: Burlington, MA   HC: What's your favorite thing about this outfit? JF: Definitely the skirt - I can dress it up or down and always feel comfortable yet pretty.    READ MORE

Ben Ginsberg '18, DHall Date Boy

By Ruby Siegel
September 24, 2014 - 12:14pm

Ben Ginsberg '18 became famous when the Yik Yak community picked up on him going all-out on a date at DHall. We've got the scoop on what inspired the idea and the advice he has for campus-bound romantics who want to make an evening special.  Name: Ben Ginsberg Class year: 2018 Hometown: Ormond by the sea, FL Majors: undecided   READ MORE

Scandal Refresher: The Biggest Questions We Have Going Into Season 4

By Leah Mirani
September 23, 2014 - 6:35pm

Well Gladiators, the wait is nearly over. We’ve all been groaning and biting our nails in anticipation since April, but in just a few short days we can all cry out ABC’s new favorite slogan, #TGIT (Thank God It’s Thursday), because at 9pm on September 25th, Olivia Pope and company will make their triumphant return. In honor of our queen’s fast approaching comeback, let’s review some of last season’s biggest cliffhangers and remind ourselves of all wonderfully scandalous storylines we have to look forward to in the hit show’s fourth season. 1. Where on Earth is Olivia Pope? READ MORE

Recap of the 10 Hottest Summer Trends and Where to Get Them

By Ruby Siegel
September 20, 2014 - 6:30pm

This summer brought some pretty cool trends, and we're not quite ready to let them go. From accessories to jewelry, Her Campus has the ultimate list of what's hot and how to find them so we can enjoy the fun of summer for a little bit longer. 1. Flash Tattoos What they are: “Jewelry inspired temporary tattoos” that use metallic colors and funky designs to take them to the next level. Beyonce loves them. Where to buy them: On the flashtat website. 2. The Lokai Bracelet READ MORE

Ali Gendron '17

By Maddi Reynolds
September 20, 2014 - 11:18am

Name: Ali Gendron a.k.a. Al-cat Class Year: 2017 Major: Business Hometown: Wellesley, MA Hobbies/interests: Feminism, Buddhism, music (classic rock and folk/alternative), reading, long car rides, coffee, FOOD and movies (shout out to garden state, fight club, pulp fiction, memento, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, dazed and confused, and boyhood). READ MORE

The State of the College Address

By Remy Marin
September 19, 2014 - 1:04pm

At 3:30 on Friday, SGA is hosting an event at which President Glotzbach will speak and students will be given the opportunity to ask him and SGA questions. This is a great opportunity to learn more about future plans for Skidmore and have your voice heard. Plus, there will be free food, Skidmore swag, and prizes handed out. What could be better?   READ MORE