Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Hadley Turner '14

By Remy Marin
April 24, 2014 - 7:15pm

Shirt: Forever 21 Skirt: Target Shoes: Target Bracelet: Lucky Brand Outlet HC: How would you define your personal style? READ MORE

What's your favorite thing about Fun Day?

By Remy Marin

21 Signs You’re Skidmore Lazy

By Leah Wolff
April 21, 2014 - 7:52pm

It’s reaching the end of the year and as you reflect you can't help but wonder, Why do I feel like the majority of my year was spent watching Netflix? Don’t worry, many of us have similar feelings, and we can all blame the classic problem--Skidmore Lazy. Maybe it’s the weather, maybe we’re just really comfortable here. Either way, it’s a very real condition, so read on to see if you’re suffering from this daily struggle! 1. You print 20 pages in your room because you don’t want to trek to the lib for double-sided printing. 2. You’ve given up on house parties because that means making an additional stop before going downtown. READ MORE

6 Ways to Get into a Warm Weather Mindset

By Emily Kaplan
April 20, 2014 - 10:00pm

Spring is here and we are loving the warm weather! Sometimes it feels like a fluke when we have days with cold winds and rain, but you have to fake it until you make it. If you're not quite convinced, here's how to get into a warm weather mindset. 1. Watch a tropical movie Let’s be honest, we can never get enough of those cheesy tropical movies, and they're perfect to get us in a sunny mood. Some movies we recommend: Spring Breakers, She’s all that, and From Justin to Kelly. If you prefer TV shows, try: the OC, 90210, and Survivor. READ MORE

Lauren Jackson: Member of Drastic Measures and the Sirens

By Sara Pion
April 18, 2014 - 8:03pm

Lauren Jackson is a transfer student who has made her mark at Skidmore in a cappella and her own singing group, The Sirens. Check out her awesome music and upcoming show, and learn here about how she got involved in pursuing her passion. Her Campus (HC): As a transfer student, how does the atmosphere of Skidmore differ from your previous school? READ MORE

Jonathan Lee-Rey '15

By Remy Marin
April 18, 2014 - 11:00am

Name: Jonathan Lee-Rey Major: Theater/Psychology Hometown: Yonkers/The Bronx, NY Relationship Status: Single Hobbies: Hanging out, Listening to music (hip-hop and jazz specifically; none of that angsty indie Jon Lemay Music), Xbox Live  HC: What would be your ideal first date? READ MORE

Best Saratoga Eats For Your Budget

By Remy Marin
April 17, 2014 - 8:04pm

Skidmore campus can sometimes feel like a bubble, and heading into town for a meal is a great way to mix things up. Skiddies know that Saratoga is filled with tasty restaurants, but picking one, especially when on a college budget, can be tricky. Here are our picks of the best eats for your budget to try next time you’re feeling adventurous. Best Weekend Breakfast Spot: Triangle Diner Country Corner is so last year. Triangle Diner is small, but the delicious specials and homemade bread are worth the wait. The portions are huge too, so you’ll have plenty of leftovers for an afternoon snack.  READ MORE

ELEMENT Fashion Show

By Remy Marin
April 16, 2014 - 8:00pm

Skiddies are incredibly talented, so it's always cool to check out the different showcases they have around campus. This weekend, one of my favorites is taking place - the annual ELEMENT Fashion Show. Inspired by Andy Warhol and The Factory, this year's show promises to be another intriguing display of student ability and creativity. The event is also now taking place at the Tang, which will make it that much more fun as there will be plenty of art and attractions to see there. The fashion show is free but there are only 120 spots so get your tickets fast. They are available this Monday-Thursday from 11am-5pm and on Friday from 11am-2pm at the Case Desk. Don't miss out on seeing this awesome show by forgetting to reserve your tickets early!...

10 Best Music Festivals

By Emily Kaplan
April 15, 2014 - 7:00pm

Summer is approaching sooner than we think, and we just can't help getting hyped about the weather finally becoming warm. In addition to the Skiddie ritual of throwing on a floral sundress and lounging on the green, this means it's the season of music festivals. There are so many, and the best ones happen all over the country. If you feel like channeling your inner '70's wild child, headbands, tutus and heart-shaped sunglasses included, check out this list of the top festivals to get excited about.  Coachella Where: Indio, CA When: April 11-13 Why: Located in the middle of the California desert, it is the ULTIMATE festival experience. The lineup always has a multitude of big name acts, and the sound system rocks....

What are you most looking forward to about spring at Skidmore?

By Remy Marin