Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Skidmore Dancers in American Muse: An Original Musical by Elaine Kuracina

By Ruby Siegel
October 3, 2014 - 5:42pm

This weekend, come see Mary Disanto-Rose's Modern Reconstruction Workshop dancing in American Muse! It's a beautiful show, plus a great way to support Skidmore dancers performing out in the community.  The website describes the show as: "the true intriguing story of Audrey Munson, who posed for the Spirit of Life, the sculpture by Daniel Chester French placed in Congress Park on June 27, 1915. During her short and turbulent career, Munson modeled for many famous sculptors and her likeness is evident in more than 15 statues in New York City alone, as well as many other cities in the United States." READ MORE

The Best Yaks that Flew Under the Radar

By Alli Burdick
October 3, 2014 - 11:31am

We all have those moments of weakness once a day (or maybe 5 times…) where we need to entertain ourselves with the social, and always comical, app, Yik Yak. Below are just a few of the “yaks” that didn’t quite hit the top of the charts, but we found them to be worthy of the list.   "Am I having a good hair day because no one is around? Or is no one around because I’m having a good hair day?" "My feet automatically take me to d-hall after every other place I leave" "*Stares into mirror practicing consentful eye contact*" READ MORE

Starbucks and DHall's New Noodle Bar

By Madison Schermerhorn
October 2, 2014 - 11:40am

Hopefully by now, most of you have noticed Burgess Cafe’s makeover and addition of Starbucks products! The best news about this change is you won’t have to go all the way downtown for your chai latte anymore. Burgess’s menu and staff have doubled in size from last year and the entire cafe space has been redesigned. There will always be a place for the old Burgess in our hearts, but Starbucks is a new and exciting change. READ MORE

Lebo McKoena '17

By Jocelin Weiss
October 1, 2014 - 11:31am

Lebo McKoena is an alumnus of the world-renowned Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls and co-founder of Oreo and Coconut Productions. This past summer, the company premiered “Under My Skin,” a one woman show exploring issues relevant to the “born free” (post-apartheid) generation in South Africa. We caught up with Lebo to hear more about her experiences and inspiring work. Name: Lebo McKoena Class: 2017 Major: Theater, Anthropology Hometown: Johannesburg South Africa READ MORE

Couples Edition: Jennifer Lutton '17 and Bailey Best '17

By Maddi Reynolds
September 30, 2014 - 11:16am

Name: Jennifer Lutton Class: 2017 Major: Education Hometown: Mendham, NJ   Name: Bailey Best Class: 2017 Major: Business Hometown: Nashville, TN   HC: How long have you been dating? JL: We’ve been dating for 6 months. BB: We just had our sixth month anniversary on the 17th.   HC: How did you first meet? READ MORE

Rebecca Green '15

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
September 29, 2014 - 7:08pm

Name: Rebecca Green Major: Sociology Hometown: Mt. Kisco, NY Year: 2015   HC: What made you choose this outfit? RG: I woke up very uninterested in color :). READ MORE

Couples Edition: Libby Oehrlein '17 and Leif Catania '17

By Danielle Ostrove
September 26, 2014 - 9:19am

The more the merrier, right? That’s why I love the Couples Edition of Campus Cuties. Here is this week’s cute couple, Leif and Libby. Read on to see how these two sophomores were able to successfully transition their relationship from high school to college.  Name: Libby Oehrlein Year: 2017 Major: Education Studies and Psychology Minor: Dance Hometown: Chester, NJ READ MORE

Eric Harland with Voyager

By Remy Marin
September 25, 2014 - 5:00pm

This Friday, Grammy nominee Eric Harland will be coming to perform on the Zankel stage with his group Voyager. Cost is $5 for students and $8 for adults, and is well worth it.   As is listed on the event page, Siddhartha Mitter of the Boston Globe has said that, “If Harland is in such demand, it’s because his skill, versatility, and personality have sent his fellow musicians searching for superlatives.” Don't miss this potentially incredible performance! READ MORE

4 Best Brunch Spots in Saratoga

By Sophia Inkeles
September 25, 2014 - 2:36pm

Listen up brunch lovers! Whether you are an omlette aficionado, a French toast fiend, or a pastry person, Saratoga Springs has a breakfast option that is perfect for you! HC Skidmore is breaking down Saratoga’s best breakfast places to help you decide where to indulge your breakfast cravings and start your mornings off right.     1. Triangle Diner: READ MORE

Jenna Frank '15

By Remy Marin
September 24, 2014 - 5:22pm

Shirt: An essential tiny black tanktop from some store in Manhattan.  Skirt: Anthropologie clearance rack.  Shoes: From the streets of Buenos Aires. Name: Jenna Frank Class Year: 2015 Major: Environmental Studies Hometown: Burlington, MA   HC: What's your favorite thing about this outfit? JF: Definitely the skirt - I can dress it up or down and always feel comfortable yet pretty.    READ MORE