Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Free Finals Survival Swag from Her Campus!

By Kate Moriarty
May 15, 2014 - 6:37pm

Now that finals week is finally behind us, it's time we give a major thank-you to the ladies that got us through all the rough spots: the Her Campus National Team! Without their help and their oh-so-needed 2014 Finals Survival Kits, our spirits (and our budgets) would have been pretty low that week. Luckily, HC is all about showing its team members the love: they provided these study snacks to chapters all across the country! READ MORE

25 Things We’ve Learned at Skidmore

By Kate Moriarty
May 10, 2014 - 1:54pm

No two Skiddies are the same. When we arrived on campus our freshman year, we all wanted to learn different things, things that mattered to us: some were interested in Eastern religions, others in gender bias, others in Foucault, and still others in biochemistry (those brave, brave souls). While we’ve all developed our own unique sets of scholarly knowledge along the way, we’ve also picked up tidbits here and there that have nothing to do with our studies: how to survive in a forced triple, how to stand out from the crowd on Fun Day, and how to find free food on campus when our wallets are feeling light. We asked upperclassmen to share what they’ve learned at Skidmore over the years, and the answers don’t disappoint. Check out what they had to say:...

Kelly Blackhurst ’14, Field Hockey Player of the Year

By Melissa Davis
May 9, 2014 - 7:28pm

Kelly Blackhurst ’14 is finishing her field hockey career at Skidmore with the highest honor a Division III athlete can earn: Player of the Year.  Kelly ranks as the fifth-highest scorer in Division III with 105 goals and 54 assists. She broke Skidmore’s previous records for most goals, game-winning goals, points in a season, goals in a season and game-winning goals in a season. Here's what she had to say about her accomplishments. Her Campus: How old were you when you started playing field hockey? READ MORE

Couples Edition: Kate Moriarty and Will Rubin

By Emily Kaplan
May 8, 2014 - 7:02pm

Meet one of Skidmore’s Cutest Couples: Kate Moriarty and Will Rubin. We just LOVE these two, especially our very own Kate Moriarty, the graduating President and Editor-in-Chief. Read on to learn more about these cuties!   Name: Will Rubin Year: 2016 Major: Psychology, Minor in Economics Hometown: Dobbs Ferry, NY   Name: Kate Moriarty Year: 2014 Major: English and French, Minor in International Affairs READ MORE

The 13 People You See On Case Green

By Leah Wolff
May 7, 2014 - 7:54pm

‘Tis the season to chill on the green! Since the weather’s been nice (finally!), chances are you’ve seen all of these types in action already. We wanted to give these guys the spotlight to emphasize just how bizarre (and at the same time incredible) the Skidmore green can be. Tight Rope Walkers It's lucky that this campus has so many trees because, without fail, when the sun’s out you can bet there will be a rope tied between two trees for barefooted partakers to walk on.   Hula-Hoopers READ MORE

Senior Studio Art Thesis Exhibition 2014

By Remy Marin
May 7, 2014 - 3:30pm

Every year, the very talented graduating Studio Art majors get to showcase their work at the Tang Museum during senior week. These students have worked incredibly hard to improve and grow over the past four years, and this is their chance to show their peers the culmination of their journey. This year, the opening reception is on Friday, May 9 from 6-8pm, and the exhibition will be open on: Friday, May 9: 9 am to 8 pm
Saturday and Sunday, May 10, 11: Noon to 5 pm 
Monday through Wednesday, May 12-14: 9 am to 5 pm
Thursday, May 15: 9 am-9 pm
Friday, May 16: 9 am to 6 pm 
Saturday, May 17: noon to 6 pm READ MORE

Maggie Patterson '15

By Remy Marin
May 6, 2014 - 7:03pm

READ MORE

What are you most looking forward to about summer?

By Remy Marin

8 Best Ice Cream Spots Near Campus

By Melissa Davis
May 4, 2014 - 7:55pm

It’s finally warm out, which means that all the best ice cream spots are open! We made a list of our favorite seasonal and non-seasonal ice cream places in and around Saratoga. If you’re not staying for summer, or if you just want a fun study break snack, be sure to take advantage of these ice cream places before you leave! Dairy Haus “Dairy Haus is my favorite local ice cream place!” – Kaitlin ’14  If you haven’t been to Dairy Haus, you are missing out.  This seasonal place is conveniently located on Maple Ave, and they make their own hard ice cream in a variety of flavors that change regularly. They also have a variety of dip flavors.  READ MORE

Wafflefest

By Sophia Inkeles
May 3, 2014 - 1:21pm

It's almost time to take a break from studying for finals and writing those last minute papers, because the best night of the year is this Sunday: Wafflefest! Let's be honest, plates full of breakfast foods and desserts make everything better, so head down to the Dining Hall to indulge in some delicious treats. With all the hard work you're doing, you know you deserve it. Admission is free for all students, so Wafflefest will likely be packed by 8pm. Make sure to get there early if you want to avoid waiting in line for your favorite pancakes, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, and dessert pizzas. See you all there!     READ MORE