Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

8 Best Ice Cream Spots Near Campus

By Melissa Davis
May 4, 2014 - 7:55pm

It’s finally warm out, which means that all the best ice cream spots are open! We made a list of our favorite seasonal and non-seasonal ice cream places in and around Saratoga. If you’re not staying for summer, or if you just want a fun study break snack, be sure to take advantage of these ice cream places before you leave! Dairy Haus “Dairy Haus is my favorite local ice cream place!” – Kaitlin ’14  If you haven’t been to Dairy Haus, you are missing out.  This seasonal place is conveniently located on Maple Ave, and they make their own hard ice cream in a variety of flavors that change regularly. They also have a variety of dip flavors.  READ MORE

Wafflefest

By Sophia Inkeles
May 3, 2014 - 1:21pm

It's almost time to take a break from studying for finals and writing those last minute papers, because the best night of the year is this Sunday: Wafflefest! Let's be honest, plates full of breakfast foods and desserts make everything better, so head down to the Dining Hall to indulge in some delicious treats. With all the hard work you're doing, you know you deserve it. Admission is free for all students, so Wafflefest will likely be packed by 8pm. Make sure to get there early if you want to avoid waiting in line for your favorite pancakes, waffles, breakfast sandwiches, and dessert pizzas. See you all there!     READ MORE

Maggie Morrissey '14

By Melissa Davis
May 2, 2014 - 7:29pm

Year: 2014 Major: Exercise Science Hometown: Amesbury, MA Relationship Status: Very Single   Hobbies/Interests: Running, watching netflix   Any secret talents:  Tap dancing   Most played song on your ipod: Move by Little Mix   Celebrity crush: Matt Damon   Favorite Skidmore memory: FUN DAY!   READ MORE

Remy Marin '15, Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Skidmore

By Kate Moriarty
May 1, 2014 - 7:21pm

Here at Skidmore, we’re all about lady power, and that’s why we’re so proud of our Her Campus chapter and all of its members. This fall, Remy Marin ’15 will be taking over HC Skidmore as the new Editor-in-Chief and President. Remy has already been diving into her new role by editing and posting content, holding club meetings, and organizing the editorial calendar for the final weeks of this spring semester. We caught up with Remy to learn what it’s like behind the scenes, what she’s up to at Skidmore, and what her plans are for the future. READ MORE

What do you associate most with finals week?

By Remy Marin

By Remy Marin

Are American Youth Apathetic?: The Sheldon Solomon Lecture

By Danielle Ostrove
April 30, 2014 - 11:46am

How often do you get to talk to your favorite professor in front of a packed lecture hall? Not that often, right? Well, Abude Alasaad, president of the First Year class, has the opportunity to do so once a month. This past Thursday evening, 300 people from the Skidmore and Saratoga Springs communities flocked to hear Abude and a Skidmore favorite, Professor Sheldon Solomon of the Psychology department, lecture about and discuss the controversial topic of apathy in our generation. READ MORE

Dani Ostrove '17

By Emily Kaplan
April 29, 2014 - 7:00pm

Her Campus writer, Dani Ostrove, is sporting this spring inspired floral ensemble. Dani is a freshman and anticipating to major in English and minor in Business. Top: Urban Outfitters Skirt: LF (in Soho) Shoes: Steve Madden   Her Campus (HC): How would you define your style? Dani Ostrove (DO): I would define my style as a little bit of everything, but mostly boho and a little "girly," but I try to just wear what I like and what I'm comfortable in.    READ MORE

Skidmore Guys Weigh In

By Melissa Davis
April 27, 2014 - 8:02pm

At a small school like Skidmore, there is always gossip about guys. As much as we love advice from our girls, we decided to go straight to the source to find out what guys really like, and what they don’t. We asked Peter ’14, John ’14, Steve ’14, George ’15, Mario ’16,  and Luke ’12 (all names have been changed) for their opinions on some of our burning questions. Her Campus: What is your opinion on…   When girls wear lipstick: Peter: Meh, I'm generally not a fan of really noticeable makeup. John: I have no problem with lipstick. Steve: It’s nice in moderation. READ MORE

Sophie Weissbourd '17

By Sara Pion
April 26, 2014 - 11:23am

READ MORE