Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

What are you most looking forward to about spring at Skidmore?

By Remy Marin

Anne Gormley '15

By Remy Marin
April 14, 2014 - 7:00pm

The transition from winter to spring can be a tough time style-wise. Anne, a junor studio art major, shows us one way to appreciate the sunny weather without being too cold. Top: From a friend (s/o to Mirabel) Jacket: Gifted Pants: Free people Shoes: Durango   HC: How would you describe your style? READ MORE

Earth Day Festival

By Kate Moriarty
April 11, 2014 - 4:15pm

Now that the warm weather’s here, we can’t wait for our second favorite springtime event: the annual Earth Day Festival! Okay, so it isn’t as awesome as Fun Day, but we’ll take any excuse we can to chill on the South Green with the sun on our shoulders. Plus, if it means we can listen to great music, eat finger-licking good free food, and celebrate the springtime finally getting rid of all the snow, we’re on board! Prepare for free food: The Skidmore Beer Garden (bring your Campus Event Cards!) Chipotle Ben & Jerry's Comfort Kitchen Veggie Burgers Good tunes: READ MORE

Celeste Calderon: Environmental Science Student

By Emily Kaplan
April 10, 2014 - 5:00pm

Celeste is a sophomore who is pursuing her interest in environmental science. To learn more and give back to the community, she works with Gomez Veggie Farm for her sustainable agriculture class. Check her out!  Name: Celeste Calderon Year: 2016 Major: Environment Science, Spanish Hometown: San Diego, CA Her Campus (HC): Tell me about what you do for your sustainable agriculture class. READ MORE

15 Things We WON'T Miss About Winter

By Emily Kaplan
April 10, 2014 - 3:00pm

The endless winter seems to have FINALLY turned (fingers crossed). It was a rough one, and we didn’t even get a snow day as consolation, despite all our passive aggressive Instagram posts. Luckily, Fun Day is around the corner and the sun is actually melting the snow away, sure signs that spring is here. To celebrate the end of our hibernation, we’re counting all of the things that we WON’T miss about winter: 1. Being cold, obviously. 2. The Polar Vortex. 3. Snow in all forms (black ice, brown sludge, etc.) READ MORE

Ecem Alçın '14

By Kate Moriarty
April 7, 2014 - 6:47pm

Campus Cutie Ecem Alçın, Class of 2014 Name: Ecem Alçın Class Year: 2014 Major: Theatre Hometown: Istanbul, Turkey Hobbies: People watching, writing, photography, jewelry making, painting my nails in grandma colors, dreaming of my next meal READ MORE

Shahwar Salahuddin: Going Out Look

By Emily Kaplan
April 7, 2014 - 11:30am

Shahwar Salahuddin sporting a classic all-black ensemble for a night out. Top: Brandy Melville Skirt: Forever 21 Boots: Steve Madden Watch: Fossil Necklaces: Alex and Ani Bracelets: Alex and Ani and other small boutiques READ MORE

What's your favorite nighttime hangout spot in Saratoga?

By Kate Moriarty

5 Ways to Change Up Your Fitness Routine

By Sara Pion
April 6, 2014 - 5:39pm

It's springtime, collegiettes, and you know what that means! Summer is right around the corner and now is crunch time to get that bod in shape for the season of crop tops and bikinis. However, going to the gym can be boring, and it’s hard to switch things up when you have limited machines to work with in the school gym. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you change up your fitness routine just in time for summer! CrossFit READ MORE

'On the Record': Student Show

By Maddi Reynolds
April 4, 2014 - 12:04am

Whether or not you’ve witnessed or heard about different incidents of bias around Skidmore, you should absolutely go see the original theatrical piece called On the Record this weekend. The play is based on both reported and unreported incidents of bias at Skidmore College. The piece will be performed at Falstaff’s, where some of these real incidents have occurred. READ MORE