Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Ali Gendron '17

By Maddi Reynolds
September 20, 2014 - 11:18am

Name: Ali Gendron a.k.a. Al-cat Class Year: 2017 Major: Business Hometown: Wellesley, MA Hobbies/interests: Feminism, Buddhism, music (classic rock and folk/alternative), reading, long car rides, coffee, FOOD and movies (shout out to garden state, fight club, pulp fiction, memento, eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, dazed and confused, and boyhood). READ MORE

The State of the College Address

By Remy Marin
September 19, 2014 - 1:04pm

At 3:30 on Friday, SGA is hosting an event at which President Glotzbach will speak and students will be given the opportunity to ask him and SGA questions. This is a great opportunity to learn more about future plans for Skidmore and have your voice heard. Plus, there will be free food, Skidmore swag, and prizes handed out. What could be better?   READ MORE

10 Skidmore Reactions to our Best and Weirdest Rankings

By Danielle Ostrove
September 15, 2014 - 9:48pm

Our beloved Skidmore has accumulated some highly deserved appraisals from institutions like Newsweek, US College Ranking, and Niche College Rankings over the past few years, while at the same time making some less flattering lists. Here are some of the ones we appreciate—and in some cases, question—the most, as told by our favorite TV and movie characters. 1. 1 of 25 New Ivies, Newsweek (2013)  Move over, Harvard. Olive Pendergast knows what’s up. READ MORE

Caty Sheridan '15: Co-Captain of Skidmore Girls Soccer

By Remy Marin
September 15, 2014 - 7:00pm

To round out a successful soccer career at Skidmore, Caty Sheridan '15 is spending her last season as Co-Captain. Find out what she loves most about playing and how to cheer this team on! READ MORE

Spicy Garrick '16

By Emily Kaplan
September 14, 2014 - 10:47pm

Spicy Garrick ’16 rocks a comfy yet fashionable look in her Dries Van Noten top, JCrew pants, Comme des Garcons sweater, and hand-me-down boots. Spicy shows us how to sport a stylish and unique look, even on a cold rainy day.    Her Campus: How would you describe your style? READ MORE

Do's and Don'ts of Freshman Year

By Alli Burdick
September 13, 2014 - 11:40am

Starting Freshman year is hard, and it's so easy to make mistakes along the way. Luckily, we've put together some tips for all incoming Freshman to learn from us to make your first year at Skidmore a breeze! Do's ·      Do go to Falstaffs once, but never again ·      Do explore all of Saratoga; be sure to hit up the outdoors farmers market while you can ·      Do purchase at least one Patagonia for your fall and winter wardrobe ·      Do walk wherever you can when you can while the weather is still warm READ MORE

Emma Giles '16

By Sara Pion
September 12, 2014 - 5:05pm

Fashionista Emma Giles '17 rocks Frye Boots, a Nordstrom’s Dress, a thrifted Tobi cardi and Urban Outfitter socks perfecting the perfect summer to fall transition outfit. I spotted this fashionable ensemble in the pasta line at Dhall and just had to ask Emma about her personal style and fashion sense. HC: How would you describe your day to day style? READ MORE

Caroline Kelberman '17

By Danielle Ostrove
September 11, 2014 - 8:59am

READ MORE

Tang Welcome Back Celebration

By Remy Marin
September 10, 2014 - 11:00am

The Tang is one of the coolest spots on campus, featuring exhibits and programs that engage students and community members alike. Plus, it's completely free! This Thursday, they're kicking off another year with a celebration event during which you can take a tour of the museum given by Director Ian Berry while enjoying refreshments and musical performances. The schedule of events includes:  5:30 -6:30 pm: Tours of the Tang Teaching Museum 6:30-7:15 pm: Performance by Skidmore student band Good Neighbor 7:45-8:30 pm: Performance by Skidmore student band Psymon Spine Don't miss this opportunity to experience the Tang in an even more enriching, interactive way! READ MORE

Hector Biaggi 15, Co-President of FightClub

By Remy Marin
September 9, 2014 - 7:38pm

READ MORE