Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Ali Milazzo '18

By Leah Mirani
October 9, 2014 - 7:30pm

Santana boots from “John’s Shoe Shop”; Dress from Forever 21; Scarf gifted from Italy  Name: Ali Milazzo Class: 2018 Major: Music, Education Hometown: Richmond, Vermont   HC: What inspired this outfit? AM: It’s a new dress so I wanted to show it off.   HC: What are some of your favorite clothing stores? AM: Forever 21, Gap, Urban Outfitters   HC: Who is your fashion icon? READ MORE

FALL BIG SHOW 2014: Chance The Rapper

By Remy Marin
October 9, 2014 - 11:42am

This Saturday, come check out the SEC's annual Fall Big Show, this year featuring Chance The Rapper along with openers Sweater Beats + Young & Sick. Tickets have been on sale since last Wednesday, and can be purchased for $10 at the Case Desk with your Skidmore IDs. This is just part of SGA Senior Class Council's Oktoberfest, which will be filled with different events. Don't miss out! READ MORE

Juliana Genovese '17, Member of Dance Club 213

By Sara Pion
October 8, 2014 - 11:26pm

HC Skidmore sat down with Juliana Genovese ('17), to find out more about Skidmore’s newest hip hop dance group, 213.  HC: How long have you been dancing for? JG: I joined my local dance studio when I was three years old and absolutely fell in love with it. I've trained in a wide array of styles but once I got into high school I really focused on jazz hip-hop fusion and hip hop.   HC: What is the choreography process like in 213? Is it a group effort or do you have one choreographer? READ MORE

11 Things We Learn During the First Month of Freshman Year

By Leah Mirani
October 7, 2014 - 9:26am

It’s been about a month since we all arrived at Skidmore for the new year, and for freshmen it’s been a whirlwind few weeks filled with new faces, new classes, and a new lifestyle. First years have learned a lot during September, and as we hit our Skidmore month-a-versary, it’s nice to review some of the most important tips and tricks we’ve uncovered since our arrival. So let’s take a look! READ MORE

Miles Calzini '16

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
October 6, 2014 - 10:20pm

READ MORE

Skidmore Dancers in American Muse: An Original Musical by Elaine Kuracina

By Ruby Siegel
October 3, 2014 - 5:42pm

This weekend, come see Mary Disanto-Rose's Modern Reconstruction Workshop dancing in American Muse! It's a beautiful show, plus a great way to support Skidmore dancers performing out in the community.  The website describes the show as: "the true intriguing story of Audrey Munson, who posed for the Spirit of Life, the sculpture by Daniel Chester French placed in Congress Park on June 27, 1915. During her short and turbulent career, Munson modeled for many famous sculptors and her likeness is evident in more than 15 statues in New York City alone, as well as many other cities in the United States." READ MORE

The Best Yaks that Flew Under the Radar

By Alli Burdick
October 3, 2014 - 11:31am

We all have those moments of weakness once a day (or maybe 5 times…) where we need to entertain ourselves with the social, and always comical, app, Yik Yak. Below are just a few of the “yaks” that didn’t quite hit the top of the charts, but we found them to be worthy of the list.   "Am I having a good hair day because no one is around? Or is no one around because I’m having a good hair day?" "My feet automatically take me to d-hall after every other place I leave" "*Stares into mirror practicing consentful eye contact*" READ MORE

Starbucks and DHall's New Noodle Bar

By Madison Schermerhorn
October 2, 2014 - 11:40am

Hopefully by now, most of you have noticed Burgess Cafe’s makeover and addition of Starbucks products! The best news about this change is you won’t have to go all the way downtown for your chai latte anymore. Burgess’s menu and staff have doubled in size from last year and the entire cafe space has been redesigned. There will always be a place for the old Burgess in our hearts, but Starbucks is a new and exciting change. READ MORE

Lebo McKoena '17

By Jocelin Weiss
October 1, 2014 - 11:31am

Lebo McKoena is an alumnus of the world-renowned Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls and co-founder of Oreo and Coconut Productions. This past summer, the company premiered “Under My Skin,” a one woman show exploring issues relevant to the “born free” (post-apartheid) generation in South Africa. We caught up with Lebo to hear more about her experiences and inspiring work. Name: Lebo McKoena Class: 2017 Major: Theater, Anthropology Hometown: Johannesburg South Africa READ MORE

Couples Edition: Jennifer Lutton '17 and Bailey Best '17

By Maddi Reynolds
September 30, 2014 - 11:16am

Name: Jennifer Lutton Class: 2017 Major: Education Hometown: Mendham, NJ   Name: Bailey Best Class: 2017 Major: Business Hometown: Nashville, TN   HC: How long have you been dating? JL: We’ve been dating for 6 months. BB: We just had our sixth month anniversary on the 17th.   HC: How did you first meet? READ MORE