Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

What's your favorite nighttime hangout spot in Saratoga?

By Kate Moriarty

5 Ways to Change Up Your Fitness Routine

By Sara Pion
April 6, 2014 - 5:39pm

It's springtime, collegiettes, and you know what that means! Summer is right around the corner and now is crunch time to get that bod in shape for the season of crop tops and bikinis. However, going to the gym can be boring, and it’s hard to switch things up when you have limited machines to work with in the school gym. Here are a few tips and tricks to help you change up your fitness routine just in time for summer! CrossFit READ MORE

'On the Record': Student Show

By Maddi Reynolds
April 4, 2014 - 12:04am

Whether or not you’ve witnessed or heard about different incidents of bias around Skidmore, you should absolutely go see the original theatrical piece called On the Record this weekend. The play is based on both reported and unreported incidents of bias at Skidmore College. The piece will be performed at Falstaff’s, where some of these real incidents have occurred. READ MORE

Brie Wood-Dunbar '14

By Remy Marin
April 3, 2014 - 11:54pm

Brie Wood-Dunbar '14 Flannel: Dad's closet Jeans: paperdenim&cloth Shoes: Otz from CorkFit HC: How would you describe your style? I would describe my style as practical and comfortable. Funky at times and often creative. Somedays I wanna wear a skirt and lipstick and other days I wanna wear jeans and a hoodie. Because I'm in the ceramics studio a lot, most of my clothes are "worn." Hey, I get for free what some people pay mad $$ for! READ MORE

4 Ways to Escape the Skidmore Bubble Today

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
April 3, 2014 - 10:00am

We all know how it goes. The semester drags on, the workload gets heavier, the trips to D-Hall get more frequent, and the trips off campus... less frequent. Or they, you know, just never happen. Your bed becomes your best friend and you spend all your time outside of your bed with your roommate and the same two other people. Soon enough you’re sick of them, but can’t think of any way to do things without them.  Before you know it, you have no idea what is going on anywhere in the world, and the Drastic Measures’ next performance seems like the biggest news since ComFest. Ladies, it’s time to escape – here are some of the best ways to get out of the Skidmore Bubble and experience the real world: Go into Town...

What's your favorite way to de-stress in Saratoga?

By Kate Moriarty

Bailey Threatt '16

By rbaird
April 2, 2014 - 10:31pm

Bailey Threatt '16 Year: 2016 Major: Art History 
Hometown: Menlo Park, CA Relationship Status: Single What qualities in a guy make him “Bailey approved"? Funny/good sense of humor, kind Where can we find you most on campus? In Caroline Hobbs’s room/dhall Three things you cannot live without: READ MORE

Ella Kaplan '16

By Sophia Inkeles
March 29, 2014 - 5:46pm

Pants: J. Crew, Sweater: J. Crew, Shoes: Steve Madden, Earrings: JList (in Norwich, VT). Although Skidmore is often thought of as a haven for hipsters, there are definitely some hidden prepsters amongst us! Ella Kaplan '16 (pictured above) looks playful and confident in her fun, bright pants and understated sweater combo. The elephant earrings are so cute it hurts. We asked Ella to share her style secrets--check out what she had to say! How would you describe your style? READ MORE

May-Lin McEvoy: Community Service-Oriented Student Athlete

By Emily Kaplan
March 27, 2014 - 5:43pm

May-Lin McEvoy is a Skidmore sophomore who does her part for the community. She not only grows her hair till you she sit on it (impressive!) in order to donate it, but also influences her softball teammates to donate and help out as well! She finds it a great and easy way to give back and show support for those fighting cancer. Even YOU can make a difference! Her Campus: How are you involved with supporting the fight of cancer? READ MORE

An Evening with Janet Mock

By Kate Moriarty
March 27, 2014 - 5:02pm

Thank you, Office of Student Diversity Programs (and so many other participatory groups!), for bringing us tonight's incredible keynote speaker: Janet Mock! For those who don't know, Janet is a writer, trans activist, and founder of the #GirlsLikeUs project, and author of Redefining Realness: My Path to Womanhood, Identity, Love & So Much More, which debuted on the New York Times bestseller list. READ MORE