Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Back-to-School Survival Kits

By Remy Marin
October 15, 2014 - 11:36am

Transitioning back to school is never easy, and finding the time and money to take care of ourselves amidst the pressure of school can be impossible. That's why we always love getting our Her Campus Back-to-School Survival Kits, which are filled with some of the best resources to help keep us going!  READ MORE

Skidmore Community Garden

By Emily Kaplan
October 14, 2014 - 11:13am

Can ya dig it? The Skidmore Community Garden is making some changes, but they are keeping their focus on “good food and sustainable farming.” Her Campus: Tell me about the Skidmore Community Garden (SCG). READ MORE

Emma Nollman '15

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
October 13, 2014 - 8:50pm

Name: ​Emma Nollman Class Year: 2015 Major: Business and Psychology Hometown: Framingham, MA   Hobbies/Interests: Country music, eating good food, painting my nails, taking over my friends' tinder accounts, both short and long walks on the beach... Relationship status: Sassy Single     What's something most people don't know about you? READ MORE

10 Best Places to Shop Online

By Ruby Siegel
October 10, 2014 - 11:10am

There's nothing like spicing up your wardrobe, and with Fall in full gear, it's definitely time to shop! That said, Saratoga can be tough for non-boutique shopping, and heavy course loads don't make finding time to do so any easier. To solve the shopping dilemna, we've put together our 10 favorite online stores to keep us all looking fierce. 1. Urban Outfitters You all probably know Urban for their funky clothes and cool store design, but they have a great online shop too! They feature all kinds of clothing, shoes, accessories, and dorm decorations perfect to have shipped to school! READ MORE

Ali Milazzo '18

By Leah Mirani
October 9, 2014 - 7:30pm

Santana boots from “John’s Shoe Shop”; Dress from Forever 21; Scarf gifted from Italy  Name: Ali Milazzo Class: 2018 Major: Music, Education Hometown: Richmond, Vermont   HC: What inspired this outfit? AM: It’s a new dress so I wanted to show it off.   HC: What are some of your favorite clothing stores? AM: Forever 21, Gap, Urban Outfitters   HC: Who is your fashion icon? READ MORE

FALL BIG SHOW 2014: Chance The Rapper

By Remy Marin
October 9, 2014 - 11:42am

This Saturday, come check out the SEC's annual Fall Big Show, this year featuring Chance The Rapper along with openers Sweater Beats + Young & Sick. Tickets have been on sale since last Wednesday, and can be purchased for $10 at the Case Desk with your Skidmore IDs. This is just part of SGA Senior Class Council's Oktoberfest, which will be filled with different events. Don't miss out! READ MORE

Juliana Genovese '17, Member of Dance Club 213

By Sara Pion
October 8, 2014 - 11:26pm

HC Skidmore sat down with Juliana Genovese ('17), to find out more about Skidmore’s newest hip hop dance group, 213.  HC: How long have you been dancing for? JG: I joined my local dance studio when I was three years old and absolutely fell in love with it. I've trained in a wide array of styles but once I got into high school I really focused on jazz hip-hop fusion and hip hop.   HC: What is the choreography process like in 213? Is it a group effort or do you have one choreographer? READ MORE

11 Things We Learn During the First Month of Freshman Year

By Leah Mirani
October 7, 2014 - 9:26am

It’s been about a month since we all arrived at Skidmore for the new year, and for freshmen it’s been a whirlwind few weeks filled with new faces, new classes, and a new lifestyle. First years have learned a lot during September, and as we hit our Skidmore month-a-versary, it’s nice to review some of the most important tips and tricks we’ve uncovered since our arrival. So let’s take a look! READ MORE

Miles Calzini '16

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
October 6, 2014 - 10:20pm

READ MORE

Skidmore Dancers in American Muse: An Original Musical by Elaine Kuracina

By Ruby Siegel
October 3, 2014 - 5:42pm

This weekend, come see Mary Disanto-Rose's Modern Reconstruction Workshop dancing in American Muse! It's a beautiful show, plus a great way to support Skidmore dancers performing out in the community.  The website describes the show as: "the true intriguing story of Audrey Munson, who posed for the Spirit of Life, the sculpture by Daniel Chester French placed in Congress Park on June 27, 1915. During her short and turbulent career, Munson modeled for many famous sculptors and her likeness is evident in more than 15 statues in New York City alone, as well as many other cities in the United States." READ MORE