Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

10 Signs That You May Be a Disney Princess

By E. Brady
October 23, 2014 - 9:52am

If you love watching Disney movies and often think to yourself, “I could totally be a Disney princess,” then this list is for you! Collegiettes, check it out: 1. Has something of yours gone missing lately?  Is it possible that you left it at that party last weekend while making a clean getaway – and more importantly, can you not show your face there again anytime soon? 2. Did you leave your room feeling good today?  Like you could take on the world in an outfit recommended by your friends? “Of course those jeans don’t make your butt look big!”  READ MORE

Quiet Music Festival

By Emily Kaplan
October 22, 2014 - 12:13pm

Don’t miss out on the East Coast premiere of Chris Johanson’s Quiet Music Festival. The event will be a communal listening experience that celebrates vibrant, emotional, and low-volume music. The low-volume music will be used to honor the quiet act of listening. Johanson will be joined by his band Sun Foot, along with Rosary Beard, Melissa Chilinski and special guests, Lizzi Bougatsos, Hush Arbors, Dragging an Ox Through Water, David Greenberger and A Strong Dog, and Trinie Dalton. The concert is completely free, but if you can’t make the event, there will be video streaming right here at 5 pm. READ MORE

Hadley Haselmann '17

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
October 21, 2014 - 12:20pm

READ MORE

10 Skidmore-Themed Halloween Costumes

By Jocelin Weiss
October 20, 2014 - 11:11pm

With so many cliché Halloween costumes out there, it's time to mix it up, Skidmore style. Check out these Thoroughbred-themed ideas for you best look yet.   1. A Squirrel  You can buy a squirrel costume (or get creative with gray clothing and ears) and then add some fake cigarettes to represent the diet on which they persist. Go nuts (pun intended)!   2. Chowderfest Be everyone's favorite time of the winter. Buy a white jump suit (or footie pajamas) and glue on a bunch of those paper soup bowls. It'll certainly be comfortable. READ MORE

10 Skidmore-Themed Halloween Costumes

By Jocelin Weiss
October 20, 2014 - 11:10pm

6 Best Group Halloween Costumes

By Ileana Paules-Bronet
October 17, 2014 - 11:18am

Are you and your friends trying to look for a clever group costume for Halloween this year? Even though there's no Moorebid, that doesn't mean you can't have a ton of fun this Halloweekend. Individual Halloween costumes can be great, but there's nothing better than dressing up with your girls and having an awesome cohesive costume. Check out these outfits for inspiration to get you started: READ MORE

Lisa Moran '17

By Sara Pion
October 16, 2014 - 11:54am

Lisa Moran is wearing: Gap jeans, a jacket from Urban Outfitters, a DIY shirt that used to be a dress from Topshop, and Chuck Taylor high tops. Name: Lisa Moran Class: 2017 Hometown: Danbury, CT Major: Undecided   HC: How would you describe your personal style? Lisa: Definitely funky. I like to be comfortable and chill.   HC: What is one fashion accessory you cant live without? READ MORE

Ensemble ACJW

By Remy Marin
October 16, 2014 - 11:06am

On Friday, the Music Department and Special Programs are presenting Ensemble ACJW, a collaboration between Carnegie Hall, Juilliard, the Weill Music Institute and the New York City Department of Education. It will feature music by Mozart, David Lang, and Beethoven. Tickets are free for students and can be reserved online. This is sure to be an enriching and beautiful performance. Don't miss out! READ MORE

Back-to-School Survival Kits

By Remy Marin
October 15, 2014 - 11:36am

Transitioning back to school is never easy, and finding the time and money to take care of ourselves amidst the pressure of school can be impossible. That's why we always love getting our Her Campus Back-to-School Survival Kits, which are filled with some of the best resources to help keep us going!  READ MORE

Skidmore Community Garden

By Emily Kaplan
October 14, 2014 - 11:13am

Can ya dig it? The Skidmore Community Garden is making some changes, but they are keeping their focus on “good food and sustainable farming.” Her Campus: Tell me about the Skidmore Community Garden (SCG). READ MORE