Get giveaways and the hottest HC content in your inbox!

Sign up for HC Study Break
Get HC in your inbox!

Skidmore Archives

Maggie Morrissey '14

By Melissa Davis
May 2, 2014 - 7:29pm

Year: 2014 Major: Exercise Science Hometown: Amesbury, MA Relationship Status: Very Single   Hobbies/Interests: Running, watching netflix   Any secret talents:  Tap dancing   Most played song on your ipod: Move by Little Mix   Celebrity crush: Matt Damon   Favorite Skidmore memory: FUN DAY!   READ MORE

Remy Marin '15, Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Skidmore

By Kate Moriarty
May 1, 2014 - 7:21pm

Here at Skidmore, we’re all about lady power, and that’s why we’re so proud of our Her Campus chapter and all of its members. This fall, Remy Marin ’15 will be taking over HC Skidmore as the new Editor-in-Chief and President. Remy has already been diving into her new role by editing and posting content, holding club meetings, and organizing the editorial calendar for the final weeks of this spring semester. We caught up with Remy to learn what it’s like behind the scenes, what she’s up to at Skidmore, and what her plans are for the future. READ MORE

What do you associate most with finals week?

By Remy Marin

By Remy Marin

Are American Youth Apathetic?: The Sheldon Solomon Lecture

By Danielle Ostrove
April 30, 2014 - 11:46am

How often do you get to talk to your favorite professor in front of a packed lecture hall? Not that often, right? Well, Abude Alasaad, president of the First Year class, has the opportunity to do so once a month. This past Thursday evening, 300 people from the Skidmore and Saratoga Springs communities flocked to hear Abude and a Skidmore favorite, Professor Sheldon Solomon of the Psychology department, lecture about and discuss the controversial topic of apathy in our generation. READ MORE

Dani Ostrove '17

By Emily Kaplan
April 29, 2014 - 7:00pm

Her Campus writer, Dani Ostrove, is sporting this spring inspired floral ensemble. Dani is a freshman and anticipating to major in English and minor in Business. Top: Urban Outfitters Skirt: LF (in Soho) Shoes: Steve Madden   Her Campus (HC): How would you define your style? Dani Ostrove (DO): I would define my style as a little bit of everything, but mostly boho and a little "girly," but I try to just wear what I like and what I'm comfortable in.    READ MORE

Skidmore Guys Weigh In

By Melissa Davis
April 27, 2014 - 8:02pm

At a small school like Skidmore, there is always gossip about guys. As much as we love advice from our girls, we decided to go straight to the source to find out what guys really like, and what they don’t. We asked Peter ’14, John ’14, Steve ’14, George ’15, Mario ’16,  and Luke ’12 (all names have been changed) for their opinions on some of our burning questions. Her Campus: What is your opinion on…   When girls wear lipstick: Peter: Meh, I'm generally not a fan of really noticeable makeup. John: I have no problem with lipstick. Steve: It’s nice in moderation. READ MORE

Sophie Weissbourd '17

By Sara Pion
April 26, 2014 - 11:23am

READ MORE

Fun Day

By Kate Moriarty
April 25, 2014 - 11:47am

We’ll spare you the spiel on all the glorious and wonderful things about Fun Day—if you’ve been at Skidmore for more than a year, you already know, and if you’re a freshman, we don’t want to spoil the surprise for you. Suffice it to say that Fun Day is the happiest day of the year for us Skiddies; we don Coachella clothing, party with friends, play with campo’s horses (which they so graciously bring to the green), and dance the afternoon away to our favorite bands and DJs.  READ MORE

Addison Bennett '16

By Remy Marin
April 24, 2014 - 9:00pm

Name: Addison Bennett Year:  2016 Hometown: Greenwich, CT Major: Government HC: Other than SGA, what are you involved in around campus? READ MORE