This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Name: Alec Charles Grossman

Class year: 2016

Major: Government

Hometown: New York, NY

Hobbies/Interests:  Ping pong, bicycle riding, and critiquing visual arts while eating cubed cheese

Relationship Status: Not in a relationship

Her Campus: Most successful pickup line or “move”

Alec: I’ve never used a pickup line in my life except for this one time when I told a nice young woman that I liked her headband and then she didn’t seem to care too much. Is there a difference between a compliment and a pickup line? email me if you know… agrossm1@skidmore.edu

HC: Who is someone on campus that you really admire?

ACG: The people that make frappucinos at Burgess. It’s a very difficult thing to make.

HC: What 5 items would be included in your dream care package?

ACG: A sparknotes to oceanography, sunny skies, unlimited apple cider donuts, my mom’s chocolate covered matzah and a motivational card.

HC: What characteristics do you find attractive in a (boy/girl)?

ACG: Someone with a talent, an independent person, not afraid to meet the parents, book smart and street smart, but more street smart.

HC: What would you title the autobiography of your life so far?

ACG: The Rest is Still Unfinished: A Coloring Book.

HC: What is the strangest thing you have/had in your dorm room?

ACG: My roommate’s girlfriend.

HC: What’s your favorite food to eat after a night out?

ACG: Popcorn with coarse salt sprinkled over it; NOT pre-salted popcorn.

HC: What’s your most embarrassing moment of freshman year?

ACG: I once wore white socks with black pants, and everyone was looking at me very strangely.

Emma Bernstein

Skidmore '19

Senior polisci major with a passion for matcha, Cristiano Ronaldo, late-night political comedy, and bucket hats.
A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.