7 Things Girls with Curly Hair are Tired of Hearing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

We know there are some seriously fierce curly haired ladies out there, but no matter how much we try to pretend like having twisted tendrils is a piece of cake, there are some things people with straight hair just don’t understand. We’re here to let you know we’ve heard all these comments before and we’re tired of not knowing how to respond! Here are the top 7 things girls with curly hair are tired of hearing:

1. “You should wear it down more!”

As much as we wish we were Queen B, we do not wake up in the morning with our locks looking flawless. The wind has to be blowing in a certain direction with the sun in just the right position for us to leave our rooms without our hair scaring all our classmates on our way to class.

2. “Wait… You don’t brush your hair?”

No. Sorry, we’d rather not look like Mia Thermopolis pre-makeover.

3. “You don’t wash your hair everyday?”

It’s not as gross as it sounds! Curly hair doesn’t get as oily as straight hair. Washing our hair every day would just dry out our tresses, and the last thing we need is dryer hair.

4. “You’re going to be so grateful when we’re all bald and you still have all that hair.”

Great, so it’s still going to drive me insane when I’m old.

5. “Can I play with your hair?”

Sure! If you don’t mind losing any rings and finding bobby pins that have been in my hair for who knows how long. But actually, back off – it finally looks good today.

6. “Why doesn’t it look the way it is when its wet?”

Gravity works against us, man.

7. “Ugh, I WISH I could have your hair.”

Do you think you could really handle all this?

Sara Pion

Skidmore

My name is Sara Pion, I am a student at Skidmore college and originally from Boston Massachussetts. I love all things fashion and doing DIY crafts.