5 Ways to Wear Your Fave Oscars Fashions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

It almost hurts to watch; every time your favorite starlets trot their way across the red carpet, you can’t help but swoon at their dresses (and go green with envy). What’s a girl got to do to get her hands on a Dior gown, anyway!?

Even though most of us won’t be stocking our closets with haute couture anytime soon–hello, collegiette budget!–we don’t have to settle for less. Instead, we can take our own spin on the red carpet-worthy ensembles and stun the crowds ourselves! Check out our five favorite Oscars 2014 looks for less; good for class, for a date, for a day trip, for a night on the town, and most importantly, for your budget.

1. Jennifer Lawrence, Dior

Get the Look:

2. Emma Watson, Vera Wang

Get the Look:

3. Portia De Rossi, Naeem Khan

Get the Look:

[pagebreak]

4. Lupita Nyong’o, Prada

Get the Look:

5. Anna Kendrick, J. Mendel

Get the Look:

Which of these Oscar-worthy outfits is your favorite? Share your thoughts in the comments or post your favorite to Facebook: @HerCampusSkidmore!

Kate is the Associate Editor of Her Campus. Before joining the staff full-time, Kate was the Campus Correspondent for the HC Skidmore College chapter as well as an editorial intern, Love editor, and national contributing writer for HC. In addition to her work with Her Campus, Kate has been a Sex & Love stringer and digital editorial intern for WomensHealthMag.com and an Inner Circle Trendspotter for MTV. Kate graduated from Skidmore College summa cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa with a Bachelor of Arts in English and French. In her spare time, Kate is usually spotted writing fiction, playing tennis, reading pop culture blogs until her eyes hurt, baking cookies, or dreaming up her next travel adventure.