5 Totally Creepy Paranormal Storytime Videos

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

The Internet is full of wonderful, distracting time-sucks, and there is no better, more enthralling time-suck than the depths of Youtube. With millions of strange sub communities and interests, Youtube is the place to go whenever you want to forget about the 700 assignments you have due tomorrow, or the gym membership card that’s burning a hole through your desk.

One of the vastest areas of Youtube is the “storytime” community – a large collection of Youtubers who make videos of themselves simply sitting in front of a camera telling a story (usually of something funny, weird, or scary that happened to them). Within this community, there’s an even cooler sub community – the paranormal storytime community. These are usually true stories that the Youtuber themselves has experienced, and because they’re coming first hand from someone a lot like you, they can be even scarier than the best horror movies.

I would call myself a scaredy cat who loves getting scared, and my favorite means by which I scare myself is Youtube paranormal storytime videos. I have literally spent hours of my life watching these videos, and even more hours laying awake at night because of them. So, just in time for Halloween, I’ve made a list of my favorite paranormal storytime videos for everyone to enjoy. Viewer discretion is advised. (But none of these have jumpscares!)

1. SCARY GHOST STORIES! | My Paranormal Experiences | Living in a Haunted House – Kyla Rebecca

Kyla is one of my favorite Youtubers, and she has some of the coolest, creepiest ghost stories out there. This girl grew up in not one but two haunted houses, and has had enough paranormal experiences throughout her 20 some odd years to fill a lifetime. Honestly, I would have nope-ed out and left the country when I was 5, if I were her. This is her first ever, OG, paranormal video. Just the intro nearly made me pee my pants. 25 minutes long, but worth every second. Also, she has an entire playlist of these videos and they’re all worth watching.

1. SCARIEST Ouija Board Experience (My Roommate Was Possessed) | Storytime – LoeyLane

Honestly, almost all of Loey’s paranormal videos are scary and worth watching as well. I chose her most recent one because it’s interesting, but also check out her Road Trip with a Ghost and Babysitting paranormal videos.

1. THE MOST TERRIFYING PARANORMAL EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE || STORYTIME – Brie Kelly

Queen of creepiness. This video is short and straight to the point and made my heart drop through my stomach. Brie makes a ton of paranormal videos, but I’ve only watched a few. Her Campus Skidmore does not condone visiting creepy abandoned buildings and looking for ghosts (but if you want to do it, write an article!)

1. PARANORMAL ATTACKS – MY POLTERGEIST / GHOST STORYTIME – WITH SNAPCHAT FOOTAGE – Missy Chrissy

Not only is this video scary, but Chrissy also has a great Canadian accent to keep you entertained. The scariest part of this is the trouble she had actually making the video – it gives you an uncomfortable feeling the entire time.

1. MY HOTEL WAS HAUNTED… SCARY ASF! STORYTIME – Kellie Sweet

This video is great because it’s scary but also a lighthearted. Kellie is hilarious, also she has the Rugrats themesong as her intro which makes it automatically amazing. Also, if I were staying in a haunted hotel room I’d probably have the exact same reaction.

Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.