books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

5 Great Ways to Beat Finals Week Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

As much as we procrastinate our final projects and papers, with fun day around this weekend it can only mean one thing. Finals are coming, bringing along with them stress eating, stress pimples and an all-around freak out to try and finish this semester well before our time to relax until it all starts up again in the fall. Here are some ways to beat the finals week stress!

1.     Walk to Plum Dandy: Cookies and Milk.

It’s hard to deny the cuteness of this store. Walking downtown with this newfound warm weather will help clear your head of all the stress and enjoying a warm cookie and milk can’t hurt either!

2.     Take your studying outside!

Study at one of the tables outside of burgess, or in the chairs outside the library. If you’re feeling too claustrophobic on Skidmore’s campus, go to Congress park! They have picnic tables where you can spread out and there won’t be anyone giving you dirty looks if you pull out a bag of chips and munch away!

3.     Find a way to be “productive” without being “productive.”

Clean your room, do your laundry, apply for an internship (maybe not…) do something that will make you feel more accomplished that day even if you didn’t get as much studying done as you would like. It will be nice to come back to clean clothes and a clean room after spending a day at the library anyway!

4.     Have a dance party in your room.

There is nothing better than dancing out your stress in the comfort of your own room. Do your craziest dance move, no one is watching! 

5.     Do some yoga. 

Yoga is used for de-stressing and is applicable to any level of flexibility! Especially after hunching over your books in the library, it will be good to stretch it out. 

Sara Pion

Skidmore

My name is Sara Pion, I am a student at Skidmore college and originally from Boston Massachussetts. I love all things fashion and doing DIY crafts.