5 Cute Hairstyles for Lazy Mornings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

It’s that time of the semester again – when getting out of bed is the biggest struggle. For all those lazy mornings when you only have a couple of minutes to do your hair and makeup, here are a couple of fast and easy hairstyles that anyone can pull together!

The Messy Bun.

It takes less than a minute to put your hair up into a messy bun and it is quick and simple. It can be thrown together with wet or dry hair; just make sure to use simple tools like bobby pins and hairspray. You can part your hair in the middle (for a more classy look!) or use your normal every day part.

The Braided Bangs.

The trend that never seems to go away, braided bangs are both convenient and easy, for those days when our bangs always seem to be in the way. We first saw this trend from Lauren Conrad, and it stuck with us, just like our love for Laguna Beach and the Hills. It’s super easy- just grab the front piece of your hair or your long bangs and pin it back!

The Hair Wrap.

Hair wraps have been the new “in” thing. They’re cute, fast, and easy – and best of all, they can be found at your local Forever 21, Brandy Melville, and H&M. You can even spice things up with bold patterns and colors! It’s a cute and flirty way to show off your girly side.

The Classic Ponytail (low or high).

A low ponytail is effortless and can have a sexy casual feel to it. You can braid into the low pony or even bobby pin your bangs back. Although this may be the “safer” choice of the ponytails, you can never go wrong with it!

The high ponytail is a great option when you want to pull of a polished classy look. Unlike the traditional pony, the polished pony looks great when styled up with a clean and perfected look! Celebrities ilke Blake Lively, Lauren Conrad, and Kendall Jenner are widely known for this look.

The Braid.

Whether it’s a fishtail, French braid, or a classic braid, all are easy to put together in a matter on seconds.

There are so many variations to try with braids, but this is the original braid that we all learned first (especially if you were in that lanyard hype). Hopefully, you have all mastered this braid by now, but if not… you can still learn! This is a simple braid that can still be done within seconds. It can be very basic, but the sexy side style is even better. Simply gather your hair underneath one ear and braid normally.

The fishtail braid be a little more advanced for some of us, but you can easily learn through YouTube tutorials (I mean, let’s be honest… this is how we learned how to put makeup on in middle school). I know it may seem intimidating, but it’s super easy once you get some practice. This stylish, glam look will make you look anything but lazy!

Regardless of how early you have to wake up, putting together a fast and easy hairstyle is easier than you think. Try out some of these quick hairstyles to finish off your look! 

A senior at Skidmore College, who loves beagles, batman, and sushi. You can find me dreaming about Anderson Cooper and doing crossword puzzles.