etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Spring Break Plane Essentials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Spring break is finally here and I’m sure I am not the only one who will be flying this week. Here are some things that I like to take on the plane to keep me entertained no matter how long the flight:

1. A good book

A good book is always a no brainer for me. I look for anything to help the flight go by faster and if I have a book to read that I am really into the flight seems to go by much faster.

2. Headphones

Headphones are essential, of course. You can listen to your music, or listen to an audiobook or podcast. I know I personally will be listening to a lot of audiobooks on my travels this spring break.

3. Playing cards

If you’re flying with another person, why not bring a deck of cards? I recently started bringing either a regular deck of cards or Phase 10 on the plane and it’s such a great way to pass the time.

4. Adult coloring book, sketchpad, or embroidery 

I always have at least one of these items in my carry on. I will listen to music or an audiobook and color or sketch, and recently I have been doing embroidery on the plane. I will bring a small embroidery hoop, fabric, scissors, and some thread and sketch a design I want to stitch. I love having something to do with my hands and all three of these are great for traveling alone.

Morgan Fechter

Skidmore '20

CC of HC Skidmore