10 Skidmore-Themed Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

With so many cliché Halloween costumes out there, it’s time to mix it up, Skidmore style. Check out these Thoroughbred-themed ideas for you best look yet.

1. A Squirrel 

You can buy a squirrel costume (or get creative with gray clothing and ears) and then add some fake cigarettes to represent the diet on which they persist. Go nuts (pun intended)!

2. Chowderfest

Be everyone’s favorite time of the winter. Buy a white jump suit (or footie pajamas) and glue on a bunch of those paper soup bowls. It’ll certainly be comfortable.

3. Princeass

Just wear your dhall uniform with a silver plastic crown like the one pictured. Turn up the spunk and you’re good to go.

4. Lucy Scribner

Bust out that Edwardian period garb and your feminist pride. Bonus if you can get a friend to be Helen Filene.

5. A Thoroughbred

Get a horse costume and dress it up either in Skidmore gear or fancy accessories to be a classy horse of the races.

6. Michelle Riggi

Wear a gown and heels with a boa or fake fur shawl, accessorize to the max, and carry as many stuffed dogs as possible. Caution: only for people who don’t plan on trick or treating at her house.

7. MB107

Wear a business suit, carry around a briefcase, and give yourself heavy under eye circles OR go all the way with zombie makeup. Extra points if you get a group to rock it with you.

8. A Hipster-Animal

Just wear hipster clothes (look around for inspiration) and add some form of animal ears, makeup and a ukelele. Be a hipster bunny! A hipster bear! A hipster shark! The possibilities are endless.

9. A Cigarette

Buy a costume online, or just wear a white top and tan pants. Add streaks of color for some extra fun.

10. Any Musical Notation Whatsoever

With the exception of sonnets and banders, Skidmore a capella groups are all names of things one might find on a staff (not even puns for the most part, just their literal names…). Get creative with a posterboard and be a measure, an accent, or a treble clef! A bonus if you’re actually in one of said groups.

Jocelin Weiss is a biology major, theater minor at Skidmore college. She loves Zumba, scuba diving, passionfruit, and being unapologetically weird.