10 Reasons Harry Styles and I Are Meant to Be

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

I’ll let you in on a secret: Harry Styles is the love of my life.  

You might be wondering how I know this.  Have I met him?  Are we dating?  No and no.  But I just know it, in the deepest part of my soul.  I can promise you, Harry Styles and I are destined to be together.

1. First off, look at him.  

WHAT A HAPPY SMILE.  I also have a happy smile.  Seeing the connections yet ?!

2. Also, he used to work in a bakery, and when I was five I was convinced my future career path was as a baker.  Coincidence? I think fully not.  

3. He has maybe the most absurd tattoos of anyone I’ve ever seen in my life, and I have absolutely no tattoos.  Balance :’)

Yes, that’s a moth on his middle.  He also has an entirely naked mermaid.

4. He has drawn comparisons to frogs.  Not unrelated: when I was little I really wanted a pet frog or turtle but I wasn’t allowed to have either.  :(

5. Our fashion sense is basically identical.  We both wear skinny jeans and the least amount of shirt possible every single day, no matter what season it is.  Sometimes with accessories.  

Between Harry’s minimally buttoned shirt and suede boots, it’s very hard to tell what the temperature could be.  This photo of me was taken outdoors in January.  Both of us are equally seasonally inappropriate, and also we both have a strong love of boots with heels.

6. We both went through a headband phase.  About two years ago, Harry and I both acquired a healthy taste for cutting up scarves to make “headbands” and by that I mean really stupid-looking hats.

7. Harry is a singer.  I’m a singer.  ?????????????????????????? what could it mean I don’t see another explanation

Look at him go!

8.  I have nothing to say about this picture it’s just equally adorable and hilarious.

9. Harry is living my dream of being rich, successful, famous, and WAY overdressed at all times.  

Also, his favorite designers probably send him free stuff, so he doesn’t even need to be rich.  That’s my ultimate goal.  

10. We are both so dramatic and so, so slow.  

The most dramatically slow blink in all of history.  If it’s possible, he speaks even more slowly.  Harry Styles telling a one-line joke is like listening to an audiobook of a 900 page book.  Meanwhile, I’ve never been on time for a single thing in my life.  He would not even care.  It’s fate.

Basically what I’m saying here is that you should all contact your local governments and see what they can do about getting me in touch with Harry.  Many thanks, all the love.  H

Ella is a sophomore at Skidmore College in upstate New York, where she is studying religion.  Outside of school, she lives just south of Boston, Massachusetts, with her parents, three younger siblings, and four small dogs, which gets pretty crazy.  She loves music, fashion, and food, and wants to travel the world someday.  
Gwen is a senior, English major, and co-CC of Her Campus Skidmore. She spends a lot of time watching Pretty Little Liars and Fixer Upper, listening to music, staring at her comptuer screen and wishing words would come easier, and waiting for the New York Islanders to win another Stanley Cup (preferably at the Coli). Also, she really likes cheese and is trying to learn to skateboard. It's not going very well.