10 Morbid Halloween Costumes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Skidmore chapter.

Halloweens of our youth meant wearing costumes to school, parading around the neighborhood, and eating as much candy as we could before we puked. But as the cinematic masterpiece Mean Girls showed, Halloween has, for many, become an excuse to wear as little fabric as possible. This year, why not switch things up a bit? Halloween falls on a Friday, so you can dedicate one day of the weekend-long fesivities to terrifying children and school mates alike. Moorebid may be over, but we can still have a morbid Halloween with these scary ideas.

1. Scary Bunny. Anyone up for a new take on the typical sexy bunny costume?

2. Ultimate Jack-o-Lantern. Even inanimate carved pumpkin faces can be nightmare-inducing.

3. Freaky Clown. Let’s be honest, everyone is a little afraid of crowns, especially if you’ve been watching American Horror Story: Freakshow.

4. Not-So-Sexy-Maid. Here’s a fun Halloween trick: tell everyone you’re dressing as a maid, let them make their assumptions, and then show up looking like this. Boo!

5. The Exorcist. Did anyone else see this movie way too young and suffer severe psychological damage? Just me? Regardless, we all know the infamous vomit scene from “The Exorcist,” and this costume is sure to induce flashbacks.

6. Zombie girl. Forget the lingerie, and pull out your old school cotton set and teddy bear. Bonus points if the flower pattern matches the remains of the neighbors…

7. Broken Down Doll. It’s flirty with a side of holy-god-this-is-why-dolls-creep-me-out.

8. Bride of Chucky. This level of costume commitment in college is terrifying in itself.

9. Spiders. Because honestly, we all hate spiders as much as does Ron Weasley.

10. Prom Queen Revenge. You can even ditch the blood – reliving High School in any way is terrifying enough.

E. Brady

Skidmore