Spotlight: Elisabetta Mannello

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Name: Elisabetta Mannello

Major: Accounting (considering Business Intelligence as well)

Hometown: Mount Laurel, New JerseyHC: Describe yourself in one sentence.

EM: Someone who enjoys learning about everything and anything.

HC: What are you involved in at SJU?

EM: I am not really involved in much, but hope to become more involved during the rest of my three years at SJU.

HC: How has living on campus impacted you, thus far?

EM: Living on campus has impacted me greatly, so far.  I am only a freshman, but I feel that it has taught me so much about myself and changed the way I see the world. I am able to take care of myself which I wasn’t sure that I could do, and I have developed skills, over this year alone, that have helped me achieve my goals in everything that I do. It has truly changed me for the better and because I live on campus, I have made so many great friends along the way that I can’t wait to spend the next three years with; they have changed me for the better as well.

HC: What do you hope to get out of your experience attending Saint Joe’s?

EM: I hope to gain a sense of who I am as a person and learn as much as I can during my four years here. I have already learned so much about myself and in my classes just over the last two semesters. I have also gained so much confidence here already and really want that to continue, so that I feel well prepared to enter the workforce and the world after I graduate.

HC: What activities do you enjoy doing in your free time?

EM: When I am home, activities that I enjoy in my free time include horseback riding and just spending time with the horses at the barn that I ride at back home. When I can’t do this, I enjoy reading, watching TV, drawing, painting, and listening to music. I also enjoy going to the gym in my free time.

HC: What is your dream job?

EM: I don’t really have a dream job at the moment. I do not know what direction I want to go in with accounting yet.  I think that Forensic Accounting is really interesting and would be something that I would like to learn more about.

HC: Do you have a quote or saying that you stand by?

EM: I have a lot of favorite quotes so this is a tough choice. I think one that really resonates with me right now, and that is one of my personal favorites, is a quote by Albert Einstein. It is, “the one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been” – Albert Einstein.

Many thanks to Elisabetta for sharing with us! Be sure to say hello, if you see her on campus!

HCXO,

Ally Lopes

Cover Photo by NBC Philadelphia