Ring in the Holidays With 3 Ah-mazing Makeup Must-Try Looks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

The holidays are absolutely magical in every way, so why not add a little magic into your makeup too? A little sparkle and shine in your routine are sure to get you in the holiday spirit. Embrace the glitz and the glamour girls, and go. all. out.

Glam & Glossy Lips: Glossy old-Hollywood-style red lips are the epitome of glamour and anyone can rock this look. All you need is the perfect red lip lacquer that will last you through your holiday festivities and maybe even a few encounters under the mistletoe? A ton of brands make gorgeous, long-lasting lippies that are sure to last you well into the night. A few no-fail favorites are the Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Big Bang, Marc Jacobs Lust For Lacquer Lip Vinyl in No Regrets, and the Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Rioja. Walk into a room wearing any of these statement reds and all eyes will be glued on you. 

For those of you nude-lip-lovers out there that don’t fancy yourselves a red pout, no worries – you can still rock the ultra glossy glam look. For super plump and glossy lips, apply a sheer pink lip plumper such as the Dior Addict Lip Maximizer High Volume Lip Plumper. If you’re feeling a tad audacious, dip a tiny shadow brush into a golden luminzer such as the Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer and apply it to your cupids bow. This will add a stunning touch to your look that will keep you shining all day (or night).

Metallic Liner & Lush Lashes: Your eyes are what people notice first so why not give them something to really stare at? The key to a glamorous eye look is quite simple: bold liner and lashes. First things first, pick out a sparkly or metallic liquid liner and thickly line your upper lash line, winging it out if you like. I highly recommend the Lancôme 24 Hour Bold Color Precision Liner in any of the 10 beautifully shimmery shades. This liner is everything a liquid liner should be: incredibly pigmented, super long lasting, and so easy to use (even the shakiest of hands can master a cat eye using this miracle tool). As for lashes, falsies are a must. Whether you choose to use individuals or a full strip, they are essential for creating this stunningly dramatic eye look. Make Up For Ever and Ardelle both make amazing individual and full strip lashes that are best applied with tweezers while looking down into a mirror. Make sure to wait until the glue is tacky to apply. If applying the lashes is a real struggle for you but you love the full-lash effect, try using the Sephora Collection Bulls Eye Lash Applicator – a convenient little device designed to make applying false lashes quick and easy.

Glowing Skin: It’s the holidays so it’s definitely time to take your glow factor up a few notches. And by glow, I don’t mean shiny (we still need to powder out t-zones ladies)! The ultimate goal of this beauty look is to look utterly luminous. The best part about this look is that it can be achieved in a matter of 60 seconds. There are a couple different ways you can create this look so shoot for whichever one works best for you and your skin type. The first option is to mix a few drops of luminizer such as the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector into your tinted moisturizer or foundation. This creates a stunning all-over-glow that your friends will be sure to envy. If your skin is on the oilier side of the spectrum, I suggest using a mattifying foundation and then going in with a luminizer to highlight above your cheekbones, down your nose, the inner corners of your eyes, your brow bone, and your cupids bow. A few exquisite highlighters that flatter every skintone include the Yves Saint Laurent Touche Éclat Radiant Touch, Benefit Watt’s Up!, and the Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks. All of these highlighters are incredible and will aid you in achieving that next level radiance we should all be aiming for this holiday season.

Well Hawklettes, I hope this article inspires you all to go out and glam things up this holiday season. You are all naturally beautiful and should only use makeup to shine brighter than you already do! All of the products mentioned in this aritcle can be found online, at Sephora, or at any local drugstore. If you try any of these makeup looks, please tweet me a picture @kayweeefaz! Thanks so much for reading and have a magical holiday.

Kaleigh is currently a sophomore at Saint Joseph's University in Philly! Her passions include all things beauty — makeup, hair, skincare... she loves it all! If she could play with and test out makeup and skincare products all day, she'd be one happy camper. Besides being a total beauty junkie, she's also obsessed with fashion, music, writing (of course), and running. This past summer she interned for Lovelyish.com and wrote her heart out about beauty, fashion and more. She dreams of being a beauty editor at a big time magazine such as Seventeen, Glamour, or Cosmo!