This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Living on the East Coast is mostly great, except for pretty much never being able to go to (or afford) Coachella. Just in case you’re having major FOMO right now, here’s what you missed:

Beychella

This past weekend Queen Bey made history by being the first black woman to headline at the festival. She referenced several important influences and black culture during her performance, singing a rendition of “Lift Every Voice and Sing”, which was a song rooted in the civil rights movement. Beyoncé also announced she will sponsor scholarships to historically black colleges and universities this year in order to influence more people to attend!

Photo credit

Beyoncé on stage at Coachella 2018

Walmart Yodel Boy

The Walmart Yodel Boy, aka Mason Ramsey, aka the meme of 2018, performed a surprise yodel at Coachella last weekend. One of his biggest supporters was Justin Bieber, who was seen dancing to his yodelling and even snapped a pic with him!

Photo credit

Yodelleo yodellooooooo

Rihanna

RiRi was almost unrecognizable at Coachella this year, but she can always be spotted wearing risky and fun outfits to any event. TBH, I kinda dig this. Bad Gal RiRi gone incognito.

Photo credit

Cardi B and her baby bump take the stage

Cardi performed numerous songs from her recently debuted album, “Invasion of Privacy”, obviously a little tired from her performances she said to the crowd, “I’m out of breath, you know I’m pregnant”. G-Eazy, Kehlani, Chance the Rapper, and 21 Savage also joined her on stage for their features in her new songs.

Eeooooowwwww!

…and that’s the rundown of Chella ‘18

Xoxo,

Margaret Russo