Campus Cutie: Krista Jaworski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie is Krista Jaworski! I was stationed at Krista’s desk and she was sitting on her bed while we had this conversation. To paint a little picture for you: Her room is filled with artwork she has created herself. Drawings and paintings that vary in size are scattered around. There are also a few music posters, including one of the Black Keys. The rest of the walls are filled with photos of her friends and family. Krista is currently a sophomore at SJU. She is double majoring in Communications and Art. She originally wanted to do a Graphic Design major, but since SJU doesn’t offer that, she thinks she kind of “made her own” major by the two she declared. She says that she was afraid to just major in art and that she would not be able to get a job, so now having Communications and Art she will be given the skills to be creative, but also learn technical skills to help her find the right career. But, getting specific in terms of art, she is the best at typographic. When I looked at her with a blank face, (the same one you’re probably making) she proceeded to explain that “typo graphics” is drawing words in fun ways. Krista has recently started up a specific Art Instagram highlighting anything she creates. Mostly the site contains drawings, but you’ll find a wide variety of her other work! When you finish reading more about Krista here, check out her Instagram @KristaJaworskiart.

With that said, let’s get into it with Krista:

HC: What song would you do karaoke to?

Krista: Semi Charmed Life, by Third Eye Blind. She didn’t even hesitate to answer that, she said it is her 2nd favorite song ever.

HC: What is the best advice you have ever given?

Krista: Well I don’t know if this is my best advice, but my favorite is when someone says they don’t know if they can pull off an outfit or something…. I respond with …you can decide that you do and just have confidence in it. Then you can pull off anything.

HC: Do you have a certain perfume you like?

Krista: Of course. Vera Wang Princess, but they discontinued it so I can never get a new one. I really don’t want to have to get a new scent, I like this one.

HC: Breakfast or Dinner food?

Krista: Dinner food – one time I was at the airport waiting at my gate and decided to eat a Qdoba burrito at 10am…. It just felt right.

HC: Concert or Broadway show?

Krista: Concert.

HC: Who is your fashion Icon, or what is your go to store?

Krista: I really like H&M. But, I also really enjoy getting random, weird pieces at thrift shops, stuff that no one else will have – that’s the beauty of it

HC: What is your favorite season?

Krista: Summer.

HC: Do you have a favorite quote that you associate with?

Krista: I wish I did— I give myself pep talks throughout the day to get me amped up…. for life in general. She laughs at the end of this answer.

HC: What is your biggest fear?

Krista: Dying. I know that sounds morbid, but I am just being honest.

HC: What would be a perfect date?

Krista: To go to a museum. I love art museums, if you can’t tell already. My thinking is if the date is bad, you don’t have to talk, you can just look around. Also, I enjoy ordering in — Chinese food — watching movies. I am not at all about any of the sappy stuff.

HC: What is something you look for and highly value in a significant other . . . you can choose a few?

Krista: Confidence – not cocky though, just not afraid to make a fool of himself.

HC: What was the best gift you ever received?

Krista: A ring my mom gave me. It is a spoon ring. She bought one for my sister as well and she has a “spoon” bracelet. It is kind of like our little family thing!

HC: What’s your favorite pizza topping?

Krista: (Laughing) pineapple, I know it might sound odd, but it really is really my favorite!

HC: If you were going to be any animal in existence today, which animal would you be?

Krista: I am not really an animal person—maybe a fish though because I love the ocean.

HC: What is the most unusual thing you have ever eaten? Krista: Duck liver in the Eiffel Tower, there is a restaurant in there — it was soooo good.

HC: If you were going to win an Olympic gold medal in any event, which event would it be?

Krista: Badminton or Ping Pong, basically something obscure or ridiculous.

HC: Peanut Butter or Nutella?

Krista: Peanut Butter! I mean, I do love Nutella, but definitely Peanut Butter.

HC: What would be your dream job in terms of the place, actual work you would be doing… Etc.?

Krista: I don’t know what it would be called, but I would be in a city —- probably New York — in glass room drawing. Basically, somewhere I could be creative….. That would be cool.

HC: Lastly, what was one fun thing you did this past weekend?

Krista: I went to a Black Keys concert with Cage the Elephant. We were kind of in the nosebleed section (laughs) on the right side. That was pretty cool because I could see a little bit backstage and I have never seen a concert from this angle. Also both bands sounded so great live and the crowd was very diverse. It made it interesting because the crowd had awesome energy. In addition to enjoying the concert, my friend and I ran into two SJU freshmen and we ended up getting a ride home together – even off campus, the SJU community really is welcoming and friendly.

Thank you, Krista! I encourage all of you readers to check out Krista’s Art Instagram @Kristajaworskiart. You won’t be disappointed!