This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Name: Greta Shanley

Hometown: West Chester, PA

Year: Junior

Major: Managing Human Capital

Greta Shanley is a student at Saint Joe’s who truly embodies the Jesuit Ideals. She is a woman of passion, a friendly smile, and one for others. She can be found in Villiger where she is the Head RA, chatting in the library with her brother of DSP, leading a group of students to California for Collegiate Challenge, working for the Women’s Basketball Team office, or doing service. One thing that all of these activities have in common is that she most likely has needles in her hands knitting! I feel beyond lucky that I not only had the opportunity to not only interview Greta for my Campus Cutie/Celeb but also to call her one of my best friends!

HC: If you could send a message to the entire world, what would   you say?

GS: We are all intrinsically connected. Connected to each other, to our Earth, to our dreams and desires. I have witnessed and experienced the exhilarating power of connection and the ignorance of disconnection. Sadly, our society has changed the meaning of connection, put your phone down and start connecting with the world around you people!!! You will find love everywhere in so many places other than instagram, I promise.

HC: How would you describe yourself in 5 words?

GS: Gregarious, Cozy, Thoughtful, Inspired, Independent, and Loving

HC: If you had to teach someone one thing, what would you teach?

GS: Knitting! This passion of mine is such an important skill that I was taught as a third grader and it is definitely something that I want to keep pursuing in my future! It is a gift to be able to teach people how to make something that they can wear, use, and teach others how to make, it’s a beautiful cycle. Teaching people how to knit is especially rewarding because I am able to watch their progress and the tangible happiness that they gain from their success! I am the coziest when I am knitting with others, which is my favorite feeling. If you want to learn, find me!

(Greta made the hat she is wearing!)

HC: What makes you smile?

GS: Everything! I think I’ve actually started to form wrinkles from constantly smiling! Truthfully, seeing my community thriving and seeing the people that I love engaging with each other; whether it’s my friends, my residents, or the organizations that I am part of connecting as a community puts a huge smile on my face.  I’ve reached an incredible point at SJU where it is easy to feel so loved and cared for by my community, so I’m interested in finding this feeling in other parts of this big world – and that makes me smile too!

HC: What is your favorite memory so far on Hawk Hill?

GS: -Honestly, I think some of my favorite memories have been made here in Campion, sitting and eating for hours talking and laughing with people that have become my people! But Freshman year, there was one night where we went to see Colin Jost from SNL at the Perch and the girls that I went with and I actually got to meet him after. That night solidified our friendship and those girls became my best friends and we spent the rest of our Freshmen year doing awesome things like that. It was the best.

I also got to witness the Men’s Basketball team win the A-10s in Brooklyn!

HC: If you were to die today, what would you want to be written on your tombstone?

GS: I love Blue Cheese dressing so much that I always say that I want to buried in Blue Cheese…so I would want my tombstone to say “Bring your hot wings here!”

On a serious note… “A love-filled woman who cozily spread hope and hugs to those around her…and SLAYED”

HC: Favorite Quote?

GS: Beyonce, my Queen, says: “I don’t like to gamble but, if there was  one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself”… ironically I went to the casino for the first time a few weeks ago and won $100 the first time I pulled the slot machine…so maybe I should gamble…but I enjoy betting on myself much more:)

**Greta is a HUGE Beyonce fan!!!! She took the photos above, has seen her in concert four times and has touched her twice. No Selfies yet but that is certainly a goal!**

Make sure that if you see this amazing girl on campus you say hello!!

HCXO,

Meg