5 Quick Hairstyles For When You’re Running Late

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning with messy hair, and then running late to those early AM classes.  These quick hairstyles will help turn that beehive into a chic and glamorous look: 

The Bubble Twist 

To achieve this look pull all your hair to one side of your face and put a hair tie around it.  Then, create a gap above the hair tie by pulling the pieces in opposite directions.  Next, simply pull the rest of you hair through the gap and repeat the process leaving about 2 inches between each hair tie.

The Fishtail Braid

The fishtail braid gives an edge to the classic braid.  The first thing that needs to be done is pull all your hair to one side of your face and split it into two sections.  Then, take a smaller section of hair from the outside of one part and bring it over to the other and repeat this process.  To give it a little bit of a messier look you can pull at the braid so it isn’t so stiff.

The Side Braid

This look is definitely a lifesaver after waking up and your part is all messed up.  If you don’t know how to do a French braid, no worries, the only difference between a French braid and a regular braid is as you are rotating the three sections of hair, you pull the loose sections of your hair with it.

The Messy Bun

The messy bun is a less “perfect” version of the sock bun and you don’t need to put your dad’s old sock in your hair.  The position of your bun is up to you but this picture shows it to the side.  The first thing you are going to do is pull all your hair to one side of your head and put a hair tie around it.  Next, start to twist your hair and keep doing so as you wrap the hair continuously around until you get a bun.  Lastly, take another hair tie and some bobby pins and secure the bun.

The Half-Up, Half-Down Twist

The half-up, half-down twist creates a great look that is almost effortless.  You just need to take two pieces of hair from the front of your face and twist them all the way to the back of your head and place a couple of bobby pins to keep them in place.  You can also do braids if you want to be a bit more bold.