20 Things That Happen at SJU During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Finals week gets the best of all of us, see how many of these you can check off your list as you slowly lose your sanity! 

1. You see people on campus actually wearing sweatpants. 

2. You see five tweets a day from students threatening to jump off the McShain Bridge. How original. 

3. The second floor of the PLC is more packed than Madriver on a Thursday. 

4. And you can’t find a place to study anywhere. 

5. Posting up on the old side is social suicide. 

6. So you walk from table to table and get in an hour worth of socializing. 

7. Then you give up and head to Campion, Cosi, or Starbucks, just to realize that you’re out of DB. 

8. Where you see the kid who is rumored to have the back test to the final. 

9. And you NEED IT, but too bad you two have never exchanged more than a hello. 

10. Just like the kid who didn’t show up all semester, but now, wants your notes.

11. You contemplate giving them to him… because wouldn’t that be the magis?

12. Until someone who never frequents the lib, has stolen your study spot. 

13. You suddenly hate everyone and everything. 

14. And you start to weigh the pros and cons of a career that utilizes some uh, natural talents. 

15. Until you realize there are dogs in the library. 

16. They cheer you up so much, you decide to wing your last final. 

17. And let’s be honest, you can’t fit any more information into your brain at this point… 

18. Which was a great idea, until everything that your professor said was going to be on the final… isn’t. And half the words you need a dictionary for. 

19. But no worries because you have a bottle of champagne ready to pop off on the top of Hawk’s Landing. 

20. But instead of making it out, you pass out. 

Good luck this week SJU collegiates! From us, and Ryan Gosling. 

HCXO, 

Taylor 

My name is Taylor Rizzolino, I am a student at Saint Joseph's University studying both English and Leadership, Ethics, and Organizational Sustainability. I am one of the founders of HerCampus SJU! I couldn't be more excited about this blog! I love Hawk Hill and all it has to offer students! I have spent the past two years volunteering on behalf of Saint Joe's, on the dance team at SJU and on The Hawk staff as a news writer. I love engaging audiences via social media and I hope to give all collegiates a well-rounded perspective of SJU through this blog ...with a lot of style and girl talk along the way! xo