Campus Cutie: Magdalena Rutherford

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Hometown: I was born and raised in Berkeley, CA but part of my family is originally from Argentina

Fav Netflix Show: This is a hard one. I have a special place in my heart for “One Tree Hill” and “Gossip Girl,” but I recently started watching “Shameless” and really like that one too.

Binge-watch guilty pleasure: I have this weird obsession with watching Chefs Table, a Netflix original documentary on chefs from around the world.

Fav quiet place: I can always enjoy some nice quiet relaxing time in my bed.

Fav place in general: One of my favorite places to be is underneath the weeping willow on a nice summer day at my house in Argentina.

Freetime: I love all things that have to do with food. Whether it be watching random cooking shows, recipe videos or going to cool food places and trying new things. I also really love weddings, so when I have free time I like to watch wedding videos or go on pinterest and look at wedding things.

Fav artist: I don’t think I have one specific favorite artist because it is too hard to choose, but I really like Chance The Rapper and Rihanna.

Fav color: Although the colors I am into tend to vary I have always been into the various shades of purple.

Fav piece of clothing: A nice comfy pair of Brandy Melville shorts, with ruffles on the bottom.

What she likes about SJSU : I love the beautiful campus and all the diverse group of friends that I have made through my four years here.

Major: I actually just recently changed my major to Hospitality Management and I love it!

Fav 90’s show: Definitely Friends!

Career goals: I have this dream of being a wedding planner, but I want to work in different parts of the hospitality industry before I get there.

Travel goals: For a while now I have been dying to go to Thailand. It looks like such a beautiful and cultural place with so many places to visit and explore.

Favorite drink: I love boba tea.

Tiana is a senior at San Jose State University and she is learning to take each day one step at a time while adjusting to life in the Bay Area. She's often watching YouTube videos on D.I.Y projects or hair care, but majority of the time she's watching Parks and Rec episodes while pretending to do homework. In the midst of all that homework dodging she's also casually planning her dream wedding. 
Shellise West is the current campus correspondent at San Jose State University. Majoring in journalism with a minor in radio, television and film she plans to not fall short of fulfilling her dream as a sports reporter. A Bay Area native her hobbies include singing, dancing and listening to music. Follow Shellise on Twitter @SoulfulPenned.