6 Things to do when your Husband has Field Training

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

My Army husband is out on the field for a little while and I have found myself very bored and lonely. I decided to make a list of all things I could do to keep myself busy and not dwell on him being gone. 

1. You Time

Take this time apart to relax and pamper yourself. This will also distract you from missing him (a little bit). Do all the small things you usually don’t have time for. 

2. Binge-watch

Take this time to catch up on any of the series you watch by yourself. The best part is no annoying commentary while you watch Gilmore Girls! You can also rent some sappy romantic movies, grab some popcorn and enjoy the night.

3. Do Homework

I have to be honest it’s a lot easier focusing when he’s not around. I try to make it my goal to get as much done before he comes back so that we can spend more quality time together.

4. Clean/organize

This isn’t the most fun activity in the world but now you have the freedom to throw any of his raggedy socks away without any protest and blast whatever music you like. It will also be a nice surprise for him to come home to that pile of laundry you both have been neglecting finally put away. 

5. Cook

I always save the big meal for the day he comes back that way you haven’t exhausted your cooking energy too soon and, he’ll definitely appreciate this.  In the meantime eat whatever you want! You don’t have to worry if there’s only enough ice cream for one. That carton is all yours honey!

6. Write for Her Campus

Use your free time to stock up on content for your chapter. It will definitely make it easier for you during the week! 

Tiana is a senior at San Jose State University and she is learning to take each day one step at a time while adjusting to life in the Bay Area. She's often watching YouTube videos on D.I.Y projects or hair care, but majority of the time she's watching Parks and Rec episodes while pretending to do homework. In the midst of all that homework dodging she's also casually planning her dream wedding.