This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Donnie Darko: This gloomy movie is the perfect thing to watch on an equally gloomy day. The premise of the movie follows the life of a troubled teen (played by the swoon-worthy Jake Gyllenhal) that narrowly escapes a freak accident. Afterwards, he is plagued by regular visions of a demented bunny who tells him to commit crimes. It’s a thriller and a bit spooky at parts, so watching with a friend is highly suggested!

Jaws: Rainy days are perfect for staying in and vegging out, so what better way than to sit back, relax and watch a classic film! Jaws is about a killer great white shark that terrorizes Amity Island, a popular beach town that is just beginning to get its first tourists for the summer season. If you haven’t already watched this movie, I would highly suggest it. It’s an older movie, but nevertheless a great one to watch when you have a relaxing day to yourself!

Amelie: Amelie is the perfect feel-good movie to watch on a grey day! The movie is about a shy girl named Amelie who has a peculiar gift for helping others. She does good deeds for everyone around her but herself, so when she runs into a handsome stranger, she has to come with the option of letting him go or being the helper to her own love life. A feel-good movie that is perfect to watch with friends or your significant other!

Spotlight: For journalism students, this one is perfect for you! Spotlight tells the true story about how the Boston Globe uncovered the massive child abuse scandal and cover-up that was occurring at the local Catholic Archdiocese.  Perfect to watch on any day, not just when its gloomy outside

Coraline: If you are like me and love animated movies, Coraline is the perfect mixture of a kid’s movie with an adult edge to it. The movie is about Coraline Jones who has moved from her hometown and friends to a small little apartment complex in Oregon. There she finds a trap door, which unlocks to a magical world much like her own, but better. But is the “better world” really that amazing, or does it hold a dark secret? This is my go-to movie to watch on a rainy day!

Whether you like thrilling, dramatic or light hearted movies, Netflix has the perfect list for anybody’s taste when the weather permits you to stay indoors.

Hey there, my name is Taylor Jones! I am a senior at San Jose State majoring in journalism with an emphasis in photography. When I am not working on my school's broadcast team, I am either working at my local coffee shop singling espresso or traveling to SF to take photos. My other interests include knowing people's zodiac signs, signing along to my favorite song on long car rides and swimming in the ocean.
Tiana is a senior at San Jose State University and she is learning to take each day one step at a time while adjusting to life in the Bay Area. She's often watching YouTube videos on D.I.Y projects or hair care, but majority of the time she's watching Parks and Rec episodes while pretending to do homework. In the midst of all that homework dodging she's also casually planning her dream wedding.