3 Superhero Movies To Make You Feel Invincible

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

With finals coming up, we could all use a little boost to feel invincible with deadlines and giant papers worth 20% of our grade coming at us like bullets. It’s the time of year we all kind of wish we were superheros. So why not watch some superhero movies? I don’t know about you, but sometimes watching these makes me feel just as strong as the characters in these films. Here are a few of my favorites.

1. Wonder Woman (2017)

If you’ve seen this movie, you probably love it. It is my ALL TIME favorite superhero movie not only because it is the origin story for one of the few female superheros, but it also shows how powerful all girls can be. It never fails to make me feel like I can do anything.

http://www.omega-level.net/2017/10/14/wonder-woman-2-filming-summer-2018/

2. Captain America (2011)

This movie is the perfect mix of superhero butt-kicking along with a beautiful love story and 1940’s fashion. If you’re like me, not only are you fascinated by the older eras, but it’s cool to see how these comic book writers interject superheros into history like in this movie. Therefore, not only is this a movie with a powerful superhero to make you feel ready for anything, but its also basically a rom-com with fight scenes.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/cast-this-captain-america-279-02

3. Justice League (2017)

There are mixed reviews about this one. Some people like it, some people don’t. Hardcore DC fans want an unedited reel of the movie (as do I), but I still liked the edited version that is in theaters now. Full of action, and focused on 6 superheros instead of just one, this movie is action packed and full of heart (also Wonder Woman is in it so…) this movie is bound to make you feel like you can take on anything, even that biology final.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/film/film-review-justice-league/17/11/

Overall, if you need your fix of action to make you feel like you can do anything just in time for finals, or whether you’re just killing time in between study sessions, these three superhero movies are awesome picks.

I am a writer and poet from the Bay Area who will be newly attending San Jose State University this fall semester to study Psychology. I want to become a marriage and family therapist, and dedicate my life to helping people through words and communication, two skills which are as vital to all writers. I want to write about things that matter, things that have an impact, and I intend to do so.
Tiana is a senior at San Jose State University and she is learning to take each day one step at a time while adjusting to life in the Bay Area. She's often watching YouTube videos on D.I.Y projects or hair care, but majority of the time she's watching Parks and Rec episodes while pretending to do homework. In the midst of all that homework dodging she's also casually planning her dream wedding.