3 Scripted TV Series Worth Re-Watching

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Do you constantly binge watch television shows on either Netflix or Hulu? OR have you been able to check out some of the newer streaming services that include HBO Now?

It kind’ve seems that streaming services that are offered online may be convenient for those who are addicted to watching their favorite shows while working out, or maybe in the comfort of their own homes, however there are a few shows with extensive series that are worth watching for a second time.

Even if you choose just one out of them all, re-watching these scripted television shows would be one that you’ll never regret, and may want to watch over and over again.

Sex and the City:

This show included six seasons that followed Carrie Bradshaw, a columnist who trekked throughout New York City with her four friends Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda. Don’t be fooled by the title of the show, nudity will follow suit but this show tackled more than just sex.

Relationships and cameos from a wide variety of celebrities that included Lucy Liu, Vince Vaughn and Blair Underwood. The hit show ended in 2004 but brings the late-90’s and ‘00 feels back to young millennials who are just now entering their early or mid 20’s.

No spoilers will be included within this article, watch how the show begins and ends and you might want to watch again!

Jane the Virgin:

Jane Gloriana Villanueva (Gina Rodriguez) is a young and ambitious student (who happens to be a virgin) becomes accidently inseminated and becomes pregnant with Rafael Solano’s baby  (Justin Baldoni). I know, it sounds like a bit much! BUT this series is so good that it will be worth watching twice to catch all of the drama that comes with it.

Premiering in 2014, this show blew up and was recreated from the Venezuelan telenovela that was once named ‘Juana la Virgen’. Another show that became popular and recreated in the US happened to be ‘Ugly Betty’ which premiered on ABC and was created from ‘Yo Soy Betty, la fea’.

With four seasons to watch, the action packed series keeps its viewers in tune to plenty of moments and sadness. Search for this show on Netflix to catch up.

Desperate Housewives:

An instant classic show that became a hit, is still currently on Hulu where viewers can watch all EIGHT seasons (yes eight!). What begins with a gruesome murder scene,  Mary Alice Young leaves her four friends wondering about what exactly happened at the time of her death. Beyond their curiosity, each of the women: Bree Van de Kamp (Marcia Cross), Susan Mayer (Teri Hatcher),  Gabrielle Solis (Eva Longoria) and Lynette Scavo (Felicity Huffman) all develop as characters through a various amount of relationships and changes within their own families over the years.

A slew of dramatic events throughout this series will keep your eyes glued to your television, phone or tablet and will also make you want to watch again for any hidden clues until you watch the final episode of the eighth season.

What are you waiting for? Check at least one of these shows out, you won’t regret it during the holiday season.

Shellise West is the current campus correspondent at San Jose State University. Majoring in journalism with a minor in radio, television and film she plans to not fall short of fulfilling her dream as a sports reporter. A Bay Area native her hobbies include singing, dancing and listening to music. Follow Shellise on Twitter @SoulfulPenned.