This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

This week I’d like to focus on an amazing group of people who are making some of the most confusing, tough topics fun and fascinating. The Simmons College Chemistry and Physics Liaison is a group of people that host events and meetings to educate those who are in science or other fields. Major events that bring together those of the community include Beaker Pong, The Science of Ice Cream, and Slime Making.

These events allow for tough concepts such as chemical interactions or even approaching science folks more manageable, while also providing interesting activities to participate in. This club has seen a growth in inclusion as well as interest over the past four years, while giving those involved in the general board great leadership opportunities that are reflected in how well the events are run.

In addition to amazing events and interesting meetings, the close nit group also participates in resume building volunteer opportunities such as at the Museum of Science Earth Day Celebration. At these inclusive events, the Simmons group travels across the river to the Museum of Science to educate the youth about science through instructive experiments such as using crush beetles to display change in pH and how the beetles produce color in common foods (such as Skittles!).

Despite the fact that events are around once a month and general body meetings are every other weekend, the group keeps busy with their own research and involvement in the science community. Those in the group are more than happy to link those who don’t know how to get involved with research or science in general with professors or other organizations to get the community involved.

I look forward to seeing more involvement in the coming year, in addition to the upcoming event The Science of Ice Cream on April 18th!

Header image courtesy of Class Central.

Simmons College Class of 2019 Biology Major, Minor in Chemistry and Studio Art New to HerCampus, but SO excited to have my voice projected on such an amazing platform. Biology and Chemistry are my background and I'm new to the Art world. Will be putting out some very cool articles so keep posted!