Affordable Fall Makeup To Get Ready For the Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

Fall has officially begun and nothing says fall to me like fall inspired makeup. Fall reminds me of purple, gold, browns, oranges and pinks. Read all about the addordable picks of the season below!

Tarte Palettes

Sephora-On-The-Fly has some great miniature palettes including Tarte palettes that are great for the fall season. All three of the palettes are $23 and include 6 shadows – 3 matte and 3 shimmery.

Tartelette tease is great if you want to create a plum look with hints of pink and maybe with a bit of warm brown

Photo courtesy of Sephora 

Tarteist Pro To Go Palette is perfect if you are indecisive and need a wide color range. It features a gold, orange, magenta and dark mauve shadows.

Photo courtesy of Tarteist Cosmetics 

Tartelette Flirt was just released but follows the makeup fad of beautiful and bold orange tones to make any look feel warm.

Photo courtesy of Sephora

Smashbox Cover Shot: Eye Palette Ablaze is another great palette that features warm oranges and pinks. The palette can be bought individually or in this new value set that features the a blade palette, which is plum palette

Photo courtesy of Sephora

Eyeshadow sticks

Sephora has some really great eyeshadow sticks that come in a wide range of colors and finishes. The fall is my favorite time to make my makeup extra jazzy so I love to reach for a sparkly purple or gold but Sephora has a lot of brown tones too. My favorite way to use the shadow sticks is as an eyeliner. It gives me a fun, subtle, pop of color in a minute! $14

Photo courtesy of Sephora

Here’s a reference if you really don’t know what eyeshadow compliments you the best:

Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid gives a subtle glow to any look and features two gold based highlighters. The highlighter can be mixed in foundation to give a glow. $9.99

Becca Rose Gold gives a beautiful pink glow and the mini is priced at  $19

Maybelline Master Strobing Liquid gives a subtle glow to any look and features two gold based highlighters. The highlighter can be mixed with foundation to give a glow. $9.99

Photo courtesy of Target

Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Pencil is waterproof and will give the durability needed as the weather changes. Pencil eyeliners are also great because it is easy to control and apply. The other great thing about eyeliner is that most are cheap enough so you can play around with glitter or colors. My recommendation for the fall is trying their amethyst or copper eyeliner.  They retail for $7.99.

Photo courtesy of makeupandbeauty.com

Nars Duo is creamy mini jumbo lip pencils with a  matte finish. They retail for $20 at Sephora. Sephora and NARS have three sets available: Damned/Walkyrie is a “magenta/ warm coral red creme”,  Train Bleu/Intriguing is a deep purple and rosy mauve,  and Cruella/ Dolce Vita is a combo of “scarlet red and dusty rose.”

sophmore at Simmons College, studying Communications with a concentration in Graphic Design.  Specialties include and are not limited to: -cooking but making a mess -eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream at odd hours -hoarding makeup -being a shopoholic -wearing mix matching socks -binge watching tv