etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Simmons chapter.

My life gets pretty busy, and with busy becomes the thought of not having enough time to do anything. Well, that isn’t actually true. Here are 5 life hacks I swear by to add more time into my life.

1. Sleeping in your clothes for the next day!

For soccer, we have a lot of early morning practices. What I do is I wear my practice gear to bed so I have an extra few minutes of beauty sleep. What is the worst that can happen, it can get more sweaty?

2. Survival Kit!

Sometimes you run out of time to grab food during the day. Instead of packing a lunch the night before, what I do is pack random snacks that don’t have expiration dates in my bag. That way, I will never get hangry!

3. Do homework in between classes vs. waiting until the end of the day.

Whatever works best for you, schedule your homework for between classes only, or after classes only. Those times that aren’t in your designated homework time are for your new Netflix binge, or hanging out with your friends. Stick to the schedule and stay focused so that you can enjoy the time you have off!

4. Go to the grocery store before you go back to your room from campus.

Those extra couple of minutes that you would spend sitting in bed or grabbing your wallet can end up giving you a whole episode of The Office. Take your wallet with you and go to the store right after your classes are done.

5. Say no to things!

It is really hard for me to say no to things that I can’t fit in my schedule, but it is something you have to do. How I built out my experience in saying no is that I would say no over text, that way I wouldn’t see the person’s reaction.

You have to remember you can’t do it everything. Prioritize what is most important to you!

I am a fan of experiences. I love to expand my knowledge anyway possible, whether that is traveling, attending a new class, writing an article for Her Campus, or on the soccer field. I'm determined to experience every aspect that life has to offer.