What to Wear to a Holiday Party Based on Your Personality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Confused on what to wear to that upcoming holiday party? Here are a few tips on how to pick the perfect outfit!

The Practical one:

This is perfect for Earth signs: Virgo/Capricorn/Taurus

Little black dress! Black dresses are clearly the perfect choice for the practical one because a black dress never goes out of style and is perfect for almost any occasion. Purchasing a black dress is also never a bad decision because of how versatile they are. If you’re feeling in the mood to go a little out of your comfort zone, you can try to spice it up with a simple scoop neck option or an off-the-shoulder or some detailing to make it feel more special for the occasion.

Examples:

Image Source

Image Source

The Extrovert/Adventurous one:

Perfect for air signs: Gemini/Aquarius/Libra

If you like being the one who stands out at parties or if you’re feeling like being super bold for a night, going with a sequined or gold dress is sure to make you stand out! (In a good way!)

Examples:

Image Source

Image Source

The Passionate one:

Perfect for the fire signs: Aries/Leo/Sagittarius

Going with a red or maroon dress is perfect for the holidays. A red dress is perfect for the fire signs during the holidays because it screams passion, romance and, of course, holiday spirit.

Examples:

Image Source

Image Source

The Sensitive/Ambitious one:

Perfect for the water signs: Pisces/Cancer/Scorpio

Velvet! Velvet dresses are so in right now and are perfect for your upcoming holiday party. Not only are they super trendy but their soft look expresses your sensitive side. However, not everyone is totally confident in wearing a velvet dress, making it also perfect for the ambitious type.

Examples:

Image Source

Image Source

I hope these tips are useful for picking out your dress for your next holiday party! 

Thumbnail Image Source

Psychology major with a biology minor at Siena College. Graduating in 2019. All things food, photography, fashion, and travel. Studying abroad Spring 2018.