This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

With all of the free time we enjoyed over Christmas break, it would have been ideal to use that luxury to start a new TV show. But, if you’re anything like me, you probably spent most of break watching America’s Next Top Model episodes you’ve seen a hundred times before (thank you, Hulu). So why not make it a belated New Year’s resolution to try out some amazing TV during spring break? After all, “new year, new show” (that’s how the kids say it, right?).

GIF Source

If you want to find a series that you won’t feel too guilty watching when school is still in session, there’s always the option of picking a TV show based on how its plot aligns with your major. Can you really feel like you’re procrastinating if you’re taking forensics and watching Bones in between classes?

We’ve picked out a few majors and what type of shows fit with them. Most of the options can be found on Netflix or Hulu. Can you come up with anymore?

If you study history:

The sky’s the limit if you’re a history major on the lookout for good TV. Netflix has plenty of historical dramas and documentaries that cover nearly any time period you’re interested in (or studying). The latest must-see in the historical category is the Netflix series The Crown, whose first season portrays the beginning of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign. Matt Smith proves that he’s more than just our beloved Eleventh Doctor as Elizabeth’s husband Philip, and Claire Foy (who just won a Golden Globe and a SAG Award!) as Elizabeth sounds scarily similar to the Queen back in the day.

GIF Source

If you’re still into royals but Queen Liz is just too contemporary for you, try out The Tudors, exploring Henry VIII’s relationships with his six wives and the happenings of his court. If you want to pretend you’re educating yourself but are actually just indulging in some guilty pleasure TV, then the frothy fantasy of Reign is right up your alley. Take a break from the monarchy with TURN: Washington’s Spies or Netflix’s Marco Polo.

For a weekly dip into different historical eras, there’s NBC’s freshman series, Timeless, showing a team of misfits time-traveling to chase down a villain trying to change history. Catch up on what’s aired of Season 1 so far on Hulu or NBC’s online player.

If you study English:

Try getting lost in the whimsical world of Once Upon a Time if you’re into different interpretations of fairy tales and foreshadowing to the extreme. It could become a little too cheesy for your liking, but there’s plenty of grittier options to please your inner bookworm. If you’re finishing up Survey of British Literature, watching Sherlock would make your professor proud. The show was a star-making opportunity for Benedict Cumberbatch, so if you’re wondering where the guy with the funny name came from, then you should probably try an episode or two. Adaptations of Emma and Sense and Sensibility are also on Hulu for any Jane Austen aficionados to enjoy.

GIF Source

If you study science:

Like with history, there’s something to fit every kind of science major’s taste. Are you coding in computer science? Try out the Netflix original Black Mirror, which displays just how many ways technology can casually take over all of our lives. Bones and Grey’s Anatomy are available for all of the wannabe forensic scientists and doctors, but for people wanting a shorter show, Netflix currently has the short-lived Emily Owens, M.D. The cast includes Meryl Streep’s daughter Mamie Gummer, This is Us’s Justin Hartley, and How to Get Away with Murder’s Aja Naomi King, so starting this definitely sounds worth it.

GIF Source

What other show-major recommendations can you think of? Should a business major start watching Suits? What’s the best show for Creative Arts majors? We want to know!

Kristen Perrone is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. She studied English during her time at Siena.