Top Brands on Siena’s Campus: Will Your Wallet Cave in?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

While walking around campus, there is a GREAT chance you will see a majority of these brands draped on your peers. Is this a good thing though? Are these brands truly worth the statement they are making? That is for YOU to decide.

Let’s start with some of the sporty brands you will most definitely see on your way to Saga or to class.

1. Patagonia

Source

Whether it be a fleece, a winter jacket, a hat or some other item of clothing, there is no doubt that this brand is a must-have. Warn your wallet!

2. Nike

Source

We all know how many options Nike gives us. We can get spandex, sports bras, jackets, leggings, sneakers, etc., AND the fact that we can purchase coordinating pieces is even more enticing… but SUUUPER pricey. Is your desire to match in the gym stronger than your wallet’s desire to save money?

3. Under Armour

Source

Being that we have a lot of Siena athletes, we will see many of them rocking the Under Armour logo, but aside from that, a majority of people enjoy being comfy in this kind of “armour” too.

Now, with the weather getting colder, there are a select few brands to look out for…

4. North Face

Source

With a vast amount of cozy jackets to choose from, how could you deny the need to be warm in one of these jackets? PLUS, these jackets are extremely fun-colored and, as college students, we all need a little more color in our lives.

5. UGG Australia

Source

Bailey button or the classic boot, no one can deny the softness and warmth these boots provide during those cold winter months. From personal experience, these boots are the best shoes to wear after waking up five minutes before class and having to rush out in the cold! 

6. L.L. Bean

You may have seen a few girls prancing around in these cute pairs of shoes, but I guarantee when the first snowfall hits, we will experience a storm of bean boots as well. Great for rain and slush, I think MY wallet may need to open up for a pair sometime soon!

Source

7. Jansport

Source

Typically, while walking around campus, the majority of students you pass will have some type of Jansport backpack. Is it because they fit a large quantity of books in them? Are they comfortable to haul around all day? One may just have to find out.

Speaking more stylistically, many girls around campus will wear very similar clothing brands…

8. PINK

Source

Because who can deny the comfort of these matching, yet stylish, athleisure wear elements? It’s funny because a lot of college girls would much rather rock a cute and comfy athletic style as opposed to rigid jeans all day! I am one of those girls…

9. Abercrombie & Fitch

Source

Source

From flirty flannels to perfectly fitting jeans, I can say from personal experience that I sympathize with those who spend money in this store. To top it off, the winter coats with the fur hoods? LOVE.

10. American Eagle

Source

If you can find sassy bralettes, matching underwear, a comfy sweater and amazing jeans all in the same place, then you are set. This must explain why American Eagle is such a hit!

11. Ralph Lauren

Source

Source

These adorable boots are a fall necessity. The rain boots function as a stylish addition to muggy-day outfits and sunny days are perfect for the classic riding boot. I strongly suggest investing in such if you are a boot wearer! If girls on campus are working them, then shouldn’t you be too?

And last, but certainly NOT the least…

12. Apple

Source 

We all know a majority of individuals own at least 1-2 Apple products. We have iPhones, Macs, Apple watches and even Apple TV systems. A vast amount of our society runs on Apple products, so, it is quite obvious that on our tight-knit and homey campus of Siena, most people will be seen walking around with their Apple products in hand.

So, if you notice that the brands around campus are influencing your decisions as well, go with your gut, open that wallet of yours and buy some cute things because, trust me, all of us girls feel better when we enjoy what we are flaunting.

Source

Thumbnail Source

Amanda Buck is a Siena College Class of 2020 alumna. She studied Biology during her time at Siena.