This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Having said our goodbyes to Sodexo after 37 years, the Siena community ushered in AVI on June 1st as the campus’ new food supplier. After sitting down recently with Amanda Fishbough, the Marketing Representative for AVI, I was able to learn a slew of facts about the changes that are coming to us through Siena Fresh, AVI’s personalized food brand for Siena. Most of this information can be found on Siena Fresh’s website here, but here is what we know about Siena Fresh so far!

1) Food TruckThat’s right, we’re getting a food truck! After the dismissal of our beloved trolley, I have to admit, I was nervous. Where else are we going to get our pulled pork during SienaFest? My fears were put to rest, however, when I learned we are going to have our very own food truck on campus. Similar to Casey’s, Lonnstrom, and Massry, the food truck will serve as another location for students to get food. As far as its location, it is unknown if it will be in one solitary spot, or if it will move about the campus. When it comes to the food offered in the food truck, we will be served the food that has been a success at other schools that are comparable to Siena. After a semester, the response to the food will be evaluated and has the potential to be changed. The food truck will accept Bonus Bucks and cash.

2) FeedbackWe all loved Sodexo Jeff’s sassy comment card responses, but more importantly, we loved having the ability to voice our opinions and to be heard. Siena Fresh knows this, and Amanda in her conversation with me, said, “We are still trying to get to know you guys. We’re all about trying to provide you with what you are looking for. If we have the means to do it, we will do it. If you guys tell us different by spring semester, it will change to something else. With the students that I have met on this campus, you guys are wonderful. You have been very welcoming. There are so many groups where you guys take the lead, you gather information from your classmates and you listen.” And she is right! From Senate to Student Activities, changes are always happening here at Siena, and change is a positive reinforcement for our community. With Siena Fresh, feedback is always welcome. In addition to their Twitter account, the Siena Fresh website also has a Contact tab. There will also be a survey sent out every semester to determine what changes we want to see made.

3. Changes to Lonnstrom, Massry, and Casey’sLonnstrom: In addition to extended hours at Lonnstrom, there will be a Piazza station added to the lower level of Lonnstrom. This piazza station will feature a make your own pizza station, complete with a wood-baked oven. The piazza station will be open later at night, perfect for your late-night cravings.Massry: Hours will be extended at Massry as well, and we will be seeing some changes to the C-Store. The C-store will mostly remain as is, but there will be another food option inside of it called Flatz. As its name indicates, Flatz will offer flatbread sandwiches. And get this; Massry will now have a Sunday brunch! Get more excited about this: one of the stations will have a crepe station.Casey’s: Similar to Massry, much of Casey’s will remain the same. There will be a grill that will serve traditional grilled sandwiches. Along with the grill, a wrap station will also be added to Casey’s. Now, I don’t know about you, but this next tidbit made me pretty excited. During the designated dinner hours in Casey’s you will be able to use a meal swipe to purchase your meal instead of using the bonus bucks. For anyone who used to run out of their bonus bucks not even halfway through the semester, myself included, this is a relief! Casey’s is perfect for on-the-go and the meal swipe option will be awesome and save you some money in the meantime.

4. Miscellaneous changes:Fair-trade: Siena has always been very proud of its fair-trade status, and Siena Fresh is very much aware of this. Siena Fresh has assured us that if something can be purchased as fair-trade, it will be. In addition, 20% of all food served will be purchased locally.Limmy’s Omelets: Probably the most popular question is what will happen to our delicious omelets made by the wonderful Limmy? Well, Limmy will be returning, so have no fear about that. However, it still has not been determined if Limmy will be making omelets again. Siena Fresh has made no placements as of yet, and they are leaving it up to Limmy to make the ultimate decision if she wishes to keep making us those amazing omelets. Fingers crossed she does!

Smoothies: The F’Real milkshake machine may be gone, but do not worry, we now have fresh fruit smoothies available! A healthier alternative, the smoothies are all natural and customizable. There is also the option to add a probiotic to your smoothie, including a fat-burner and an energy boost.Fresh food philosophy: One of the biggest appeals of Siena Fresh in my opinion so far is their Fresh Food Philosophy. Amanda explained this to me by saying, “if we can make it fresh, we are going to. You will never see bottled dressings on the salad bar, they will all be made in house, all of our bakery items will be made in house, all of our pasta sauces will be made in house. If we can make it, we will make it. We are not going to open up a can and then pour it into a container. It’s one of the things that we pride ourselves most on, is our fresh food philosophy.” I don’t know about you, but dining halls often have a reputation of offering preservative-laden food and in college, most diets consist of whatever is available. Most of the time, that can mean a hamburger and fries. Health-consciousness is an important habit to practice, and Siena Fresh will make it that easier for us. Of course, the favorites will still be offered, as per our request, so don’t worry! Your hamburgers aren’t going anywhere.

5. StarbucksAnd can I get an “amen”?! Siena is officially going to brew Starbucks coffee! Amanda confirmed this with me herself, and I was one of the first to break the news. Come autumn, a “we proudly brew Starbucks” drink menu will be available in Casey’s. Keep in mind that the pastries and food menu from Starbucks will not be offered, only the drinks. Gift cards and membership cards are not available to be used either. That is a disappointment to many, including myself, who are trying for that gorgeous Gold Card. However, all of that is overshadowed by the fact that a trip to Newton Plaza is no longer required for our Starbucks cravings. I’m just looking forward to my Nonfat Caramel Macchiato every morning!

All in all, there are some exciting changes coming to Siena come Fall 2015. Siena Fresh is ushering in a wave of change for the community and they are already generating some buzz. I am hopeful that Siena Fresh will be a positive change for the Siena community. Stay tuned for more surprises and news!

Megan Salavantis is a Siena College Class of 2018. Megan majored in English at Siena during those four years.