samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Keeping Up With the Team – Her Campus Siena Summer Update

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

We’re super sad that summer’s almost over (who isn’t?), but that doesn’t mean that we didn’t have tons of fun while it lasted! We checked in the Her Campus Siena team and asked what fun their summer plans entailed. See what our favorite collegiettes have been up to this summer below! 

Emma Burkard

Emma has spent most of summer 2017 working full-time at a clothing boutique (which has not helped her shopping addiction one bit!) When she has some free time, she’s always driving around and adventuring with friends — from photoshoots and smoothie bowls in Troy, to beach days and hiking in Lake George, to coffee shops and concerts in Saratoga. She also just got a new puppy named Zeke, so she’s currently trying to convince Siena to let him move into her dorm room. Emma was super inspired by her trip to NYC for Her Conference and has been excitedly preparing for the upcoming semester as Her Campus Siena’s new CC!

Emily Radigan

Emily has been participating in the CURCA Summer Scholars program as a research assistant for Dr. Fu in the Sociology Department. She balances that by seeing her friends and enjoying her summer exploring locally in New York City. Emily has also ventured to Canada and Washington D.C. with some of her friends for vacation.

Katie Anderson

Katie has been working with Northwell Health as a Health System Rebranding Administrative Intern for the Corporate Marketing and Communications department. When she’s not working, Katie has been hanging out with friends and family, as well as adventuring around Long Island and finding tiny hidden gems. She looks forward to her semester abroad in Cork, Ireland, but also can’t wait to get back to Siena for the Spring semester.

Charlotte Miller

Charlotte is interning with Mothers and Babies Perinatal Network in Binghamton as well as working at Charlotte Russe this summer. She can be found killing the fitness game at the Binghamton University gym! She has already finished and aced an online biology class. Charlotte has found time to relax by taking trips to Sanibel Island, a favorite of hers, and New York City to spend time with some friends. Charlotte can’t wait to be back at Siena with her friends and hopes to intern with Unity House in Troy, NY, which focuses on helping women who have faced domestic abuse.

Jenna Schweigler

Jenna can be found working her fourth consecutive summer at the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office. Some of Jenna’s responsibilities at the Sheriff’s Office include sending paperwork to the courts, running background checks on pistol permit applicants, and even going undercover! Like Charlotte, Jenna has been hitting the gym, and even climbs ropes! She has also been taking in all that Westchester has to offer by kayaking in the river. Like most of the girls, she can’t wait to get back to Siena to continue her business classes.

Julianna Rauf

Julianna has kept busy by working at Stewart’s and Tulip Court. She loves serving on the 2017 Albany Tulip Court because she loves to help the community and work alongside Mayor Sheehan on her literacy campaign. Outside of work, Julianna spends time in nature and traveling all around the Adirondacks, Red Hook, Woodstock, Lake George and Saratoga. She is looking forward to welcoming the Class of 2021 to Siena as a SAINT orientation leader. 

Olivia Waldron

Olivia has been very busy working at the Olana State Historic Site as a marketing intern, designing and managing Atlanta International Fashion week’s blog, and waitressing at a local restaurant in Copake, NY. She loved celebrating Olana’s summer party in honor of being open to the public for 50 years! It was 60s themed and had a vintage VW bus that was converted into a photo booth. She will finally be able to relax by vacationing in Cape Cod with her family and baby brother!

Katey Kohler

If there’s a country concert at SPAC, you’ll be sure to find Contributing Writer Katey there! She’s seen Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, Florida Georgia Line, Luke Bryan and Zac Brown Band. She’s taken some online classes for abnormal psychology, microeconomics, and sociology. Katey has been catching up with old friends and even camped in Old Forge for the Fourth of July. At the end of August, Katey will be spending a week in Virginia visiting family.

Rachel Cox

This summer, Rachel has been relaxing in preparation for her senior year! She has been taking an online sociology class, The Family, for her gender studies minor. Rachel has also been preparing to take the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) for her graduate school applications. She looks forward to ending the summer with some sleepovers with friends!

Nicole Peterson

You can find Nicole interning at a non-profit, Americares, in their Marketing and Communication Department. Nicole is also working on a publication with Dr. Raj Devasagayam and her Marketing Research Methods team, and can’t wait to see the final project! In her free time, Nicole has been staying active by paddle boarding, hanging at the pool, doing SoulCycle, and exploring the New York metro area. You’ll also be able to catch Nicole during Siena’s orientation as a SAINT… she is so looking forward to that!