Five Essential Nail Looks For Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It may be the middle of January and there may be (some) snow still on the ground, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t look fabulous as we traipse across campus to class! Having a gorgeous nail design this winter will not only add the perfect flair to any outfit, but will also brighten up those grey and freezing cold days.  Here are some of my favorite nail looks that I will most definitely be using this winter!

1. Anything that shimmers!

Even though the holidays are over, don’t be afraid to have fun with your nail looks.  Whether it’s sparkles or metallic, this is a perfect option for a night out with friends!

Source

2. Red, red, red

Red is classy, sophisticated, and can even add a little bit of a sexy flair to a date night with that special someone! It also is the perfect way to add that much needed pop of color during these next few winter months.

Source

3. Keep it neutral

Although I’m someone that tends to wear bright colors on my nails, I have definitely fallen in love with this season’s neutral colors! Shades such as grey and beige are very warm and inviting and will always pair great with an oversized scarf!

Source

4. Peacock colors

Just because it’s the middle of winter doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to wear brighter nail colors. Shiny blues, purples and turquoises are wicked cute for any party look and will be sure to make all of the night’s Instagram posts!

Source

5. Lilac

This is one of my favorite nail looks for winter! Lilac will give your nails a softer, more laid back look and is a gorgeous color that will add a fun element to a class or internship outfit.

Source

Julia Lowney is a Siena College Class of 2018 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied English and also minored in Marketing and Writing and Communications.