This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

New season, new clothing needs! Here are some must-have clothing pieces for fall!

Comfortable Oversized Jacket

Oversized jackets are trending right now! The ways to style them are infinite. You could go for the basic jean jacket or get edgy with a leather or camo jacket. They’re perfect with leggings on a regular school day or a high-waisted skirt for a night out.

Wide Leg Pants

Now we all know that trends do repeat themselves and the wide leg pant is no exception. The wide leg pant is a closet staple for the fall.

Gif Source

Style tip: They go perfectly with a bodysuit and pointed booties.

Boots

A comfortable boot is the one staple item that will save your life on those days when you want to spice up a boring outfit. The options are endless.

Gif Source

Style tip: Take an oversized t-shirt and tuck one side into your jeans. Roll up the bottoms of your jeans and slip those booties on and BOOM you’re ready to conquer the day in style! 

Gif Source

Sneakers

Sneakers are perfect for those days when the thought of leaving your bed to go to class is horrendous. The classic converse high-tops or even a pair of white vans will save your life when you have no time to get ready and you just need something comfortable to slip on.

Gif Source

Vintage-styled jeans

Gif Source

We’ve all heard about the mom jeans. Yes, they made the list. They are as comfortable as they are stylish at the moment. They’re in every thrift store and you can make them unique by ripping them.

Gif Source

Sweaters  

I couldn’t forget about sweaters. These are essential for those days where it’s too warm to wear a jacket but too cold to wear short sleeves. The best sweaters are made of a lighter knitted material, mainly because you can use them throughout the entire season. Once it starts to get cooler, layer them with a scarf or a jacket.

Gif Source

Thumbnail Image Source

Mayely Vasquez-Vega is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Management during her time at Siena.