Wellness > Mental Health

5 Things You Can Do To Make Your Day Happy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

What can I do to make myself happy?

Well that seems to be the question posed by almost everyone in this life. How can I make my life better? Am I doing something wrong? What should I be doing? Well first of all, you are doing nothing wrong. Life is not easy or simple, and if you had a full proof plan for happiness you would be an idol to all. Also, it is important to remember that days come with balance. There will be days that feel amazing and there will be days that feel unbearable. As of what you should be doing, you should be enjoying anything positive in your life. I am also going to share some ideas that can help you accomplish this.

Here are five things that you can do to help make your day happy.

1.) Going for a short walk is a great way to clear your head and become more center with reality. Too often we are upset over something that has happened in the past and it is necessary for us to relax and take care of ourselves. For these reasons, going for a walk is a great way to make your heart happy.Image Source

2.) Having a great meal is extremely important in order for your day to be happy. I heard in one of my classes that 90% of your serotonin (the feel happy chemical in your brain), is located in your stomach! Hence, you should eat something great for your body!Image Source

3.) Listen to music that you believe is positive and fun. Music can easily help to change your mood and create a warm atmosphere. Dancing is great too! Anything that you find fun will definitely help you to feel better!Image Source

4.) Socialize with friends that carry a positive attitude. Certain friendships that we have can be draining, so it is important to recognize which friends are worth spending time with when your goal is to be happy.Image Source

5.) Wear something that you love! Being comfortable and feeling powerful are two of the best qualities when it comes to being happy. Love what you are wearing and you will find that you feel better throughout the day!Image Source