This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

The best four years of your life; the defining moments that pave the way for the rest of your future. That’s right, we’re talking about college. But I’m sure you’re probably sick and tired of hearing about how great college is. Which is why I’m going to bring you some facts. Five things about college life and college in general that we can all definitely relate to.

1. Appreciate sleep while you can.

Sleep is a wonderful and magical event that you will learn to appreciate throughout your college career. Whether it’s having to wake up for 8 a.m. classes, or staying up all night cramming for a big test the next day, something is sure to get in the way of you and your sleep in college.

Image Source 

Image Source 

2. Some professors just don’t care.

You all know what I’m talking about. I’m talking about those “no chill” professors. Those professors that could care less whether you pass or fail. The ones that read off slides and then test you on information that was never even mentioned in class. The ones whose response to everything is “It’s on the syllabus.”

Image Source

Image Source 

3. The procrastination is REAL.

Not to burst anyone’s bubble, but having all the due dates for every class in college isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Don’t get me wrong, it can be a great resource, but you have to know how to use it. Otherwise, you’ll find yourself putting off a big research paper that’s due right around the time you have other group projects, and a bunch of exams to worry about on the same week.

Image Source

Image Source 

4. Find your people.

One of the best things I’ve come to realize about college is how easy it is to surround yourself with like-minded people. You just have to be willing to put yourself out there. Join clubs that fit your interests or attend on-campus events and, more likely than not, you’ll make some great friendships along the way.

Image Source

5. Time management is KEY.

If there’s anything I’ve learned, it’s how to manage my time. Days easily seem endless in the moment but there will come a time when you look back and realize time has just flown by. In college, just like many other things, all we can do is give it our best. It’s important that you remember to make time for things that bring you happiness. As stressful and overwhelming as college can be, there’s no reason that is all it has to be. So remember to relax every once in awhile.

Image Source

Thumbnail Image Source

Diosmary Perez-Trinidad is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Maketing.