This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

It’s hard to get through college without those favorite apps that you rely on everything for. There are many apps out there that are fantastic to use, but there are some that are just better than the rest.

Gif Source

1. EasyBib

EasyBib is one of my favorite apps. EasyBib is free for MLA formatting which is very useful depending on what major you are. It has all the formatting types on it but you have to pay five dollars a month to get all these formatting styles. To me, five dollars a month is worth it for the amount of times you’ll need to use it. I use this app once a week at least and it comes in handy.

2. Spotify

Spotify premium is another app that I very highly recommend. Not a lot of people know this, but if you buy a Spotify premium account, you can get a subscription to Hulu for free. Spotify costs five dollars a month for a student account. This app will save your bank account because you get Hulu for free so you can delete your Netflix account, which you have to pay eleven dollars a month now for. Instead of paying for three accounts, combine the two accounts and delete the third. Your bank account will thank you.

3. Fitbit

It’s hard to stay fit and healthy in college, so I recommend the Fitbit app because as long as you have your phone on you and the Fitbit app running, it will track your steps for you. Log your workouts and set goals for yourself to beat each week. I use this app daily to make sure I stay on top of everything. You can also use it as a food and water log, so you make sure you’re eating the right amount and drinking the right amount. This also motivates you to get moving and eat healthy.

4. Google Calendar

For all college students out there without a Google Calendar account, I recommend getting one right now. This app sends you notifications for your classes and anything else that you schedule in this app. It helps you stay organized and helps you keep up with all your college work. You can also add other people to it by email so you can stay connected with people around you. It works really well for scheduling a mutual time to meet for group projects.  This app is free and as long as you have Gmail, you can use it. So, if you don’t have a Gmail, I would get one.

5. Amazon

The last app that I recommend is the Amazon app. Students can get one year of Amazon Prime for free and then after the year, it is discounted to a more reasonable price. Everything on Amazon is very cheap and you get everything in two to three days if you have Prime. College students who don’t have a car definitely need to get this app because you’ll never have a need to leave college. You have everything you’d ever need at your fingertips without even having to leave your campus!

There are many other apps that are great for college students, but these are the five that I personally recommend. College is a confusing time, so get these apps to make it easier.

Gif Source

Thumbnail

Meaghan McDevitt is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. She studied Psychology during her time at Siena.