This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Siena chapter.

Do you feel like your knowledge of beauty products is sub-par? That the people surrounding you always seem to have an expansive knowledge compared to the way you tend to throw your makeup together? You are absolutely not alone! Between college, work and trying to maintain some semblance of health, I feel like trying to find time for beauty-related endeavors is nearly impossible. And so, over the years I have found that simplicity is key and that you don’t need to have the most expensive types of beauty products, or even a large amount of them, to feel confident and beautiful when you choose to use them! Most of the time, I feel like I am lost in comparison with girls who know how to do their makeup flawlessly, but these 10 items I am about to share with you can really transform your look inexpensively and simply! As a minimalistic beauty product user, these 10 items are always my go-to. Whether it be going out with your friends or just a casual day at class, these items are perfect to compliment your look!

1. Sephora Outrageous Volume – Dramatic Volume Mascara

Image Source

This mascara is AMAZING! When I’m really rushing some days for class, this is the only thing that I wear. It provides amazing volume for a fresh-faced look and works really well with any types of eyelashes. It’s great to pair with the eyelash primer I will share with you later. Adding another level of length and volume is great for going out!

2. Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer

Image Source

Fellow college students, I know you agree that under-eye bags are a BIG problem. This concealer comes in a wide variety of shades and is great at covering up this problem without being sticky or filmy. It is super lightweight and long-lasting. You can also use it, obviously, to cover up acne, and most days, I don’t even wear foundation! I just wear this to even my skin out.

3. Clean & Clear Dual Action Moisturizer

Image Source

This moisturizer is great for every day to every other day use. Personally, I use it right out of the shower when my skin is the driest and it goes on so nicely! I also love the salicylic acid component so that it fights acne and I feel like it doesn’t dry me out. It’s a wonderful skin hydrant that doesn’t break the bank.

4. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour Blush

Image Source

This blush is great to add a little color to the face. I have tan skin, so this color works very well and is a really natural and glowy look. I don’t always wear this every day, but when I’m feeling like I need a little something more to balance out my look, this is a great addition. I actually prefer this over highlighter!

5. Tarteist Lip Paint

Image Source

Sometimes lip color can be something that is not a day-to-day necessity but, when you need a bit of color or just feeling a nice neutral pink lip, this is the perfect product! It is extremely unique and dries to your lips but without any clumpiness or dryness. It is so lightweight and I adore the color that this mini one comes in. It is really my go-to, especially on a night out.

6. Garnier Fructis Flat Iron Perfector

Image Source

So, if you’re thinking, “Well I don’t straighten my hair,” it honestly doesn’t matter. I use this not only as a heat protectant when I choose to straighten my hair (which I seldom do), but also as a smoothening product for my hair. When I wear ponytails, which I often do for work, I use this to smooth out the top and control any frizziness. Also, I really just like to spritz a little on every morning before I brush and it makes my hair soft and smooth (no frizz!)

7. Urban Decay Subversion Eyelash Primer

Image Source

This product is not one that I use every day but, it is AMAZING for giving an “I worked on these eyelashes for hours” look in two simple steps! All you have to do is apply this and then apply the mascara that I mentioned earlier and the results are perfect for a more dramatic look. Your eyelashes will be super long, voluminous and well-distributed!

8. Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette

Image Source

This product is definitely a little more pricey but SO worth the money. It lasts forever and you can create so many different looks with it! The colors are more natural and pink/brown which I love and it caters to a smoother, less dramatic wear. But the dark and gold colors can also create a more sophisticated look for a simple smokey eye or even just some nice colored layers. I love to go simple with it and pick a darker brown for the outer corner/crease and a lighter color as a base. If it’s a less casual night I love to go with the gold color which really makes your eyes pop! In general, I use this mostly on the weekends but the natural colors are great for casual everyday wear as well!

9. Sephora Long Lasting Black Eyeliner

Image Source

Usually, I don’t wear this during the week or to class but if you have a day where time is on your side, a thin layer of this stuff will last you all day. I love the brush on this eyeliner, and I am very picky. This eyeliner goes on super smooth and the color is really even. On the weekends, I love to do a simple, more thin cat eye with this eyeliner and it is so easy to do and always looks great! A nice natural smokey eye using the Naked 3 Palette and this product looks awesome!

10. Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Moroccan Hair Oil

Image Source

Partly, my hair is super long and healthy because I rarely style it and have never colored it before, but the other part is due to this magical product! You can use this after the shower and apply to damp hair. It gives hair a sleek, healthy shine and softness that is definitely noticeable after several uses. I like to use this at least three times a week, it’s life changing!

I hope that this short guide has given you the opportunity to reflect on your style and possibly relate to my crazy lifestyle. I have to make things more simple, but that doesn’t mean sacrificing an incredible, effortless look! I hope that you take my advice and add these products to your routine, you won’t regret it.

Thumbnail Image Source

Kalynne Green is a Siena College Class of 2021 alumna. During her time at Siena, she studied Biology.