Meet Our Contributors: Andrea Stock

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

Name: Andrea Stock

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Phoenixville (about 10-15 minutes from Valley Forge/King of Prussia)

You’re involved with a lot of campus clubs, specifically The Reflector, the poetry club. What is your favorite thing about The Reflector?

I love the people involved with the reflector. We are all so fantastically weird. I also love putting everything together. Holding your final product in your hands is so satisfying.

What is your favorite thing about Her Campus Ship?

I love the leniency of HerCampus. There is so much freedom in terms of what to write, giving us the opportunity to put anything and everything out there.

What made you want to be a Comm/Journ major?

I became a comm/journ major because I love writing. I was also part of Gazebo (my high schools version of the Reflector) and it was a lot of fun doing the layout and design part of it. So, because of Gazebo, I new I wanted to work in the magazine/newspaper industry.

Biographies are always the worst to write, because if you glamorize yourself, you're considered vain. If you talk too little about yourself, it doesn't satisfy the readers needs. My name is Rachel. I enjoy long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and a romantic movie on Netflix. Kidding. I've been writing short stories and poems ever since I can remember, so to say that I enjoy writing is an understatement. I am so thankful to be apart of HerCampus and all the amazing opportunities coming up!