6 Things to Get You Through Spring Semester Stress-Free

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

By: Jenna Wise

1. Hot tea

As simple as it sounds, drinking a cup of hot tea, like chamomile, in the morning before classes or at night before you go to bed has been proven to noticeably reduce nerves, providing a good night’s sleep and keeping away nerves.

2. Staying in shape

Although it really sucks walking all the way to the gym in below freezing temps, working out boosts your self esteem and puts you in a happier mindset that will help push you through the rest of the week’s classes.

3. Surrounding yourself with positive influences

One of the worst things you could possibly do when you’re having a bad week is hang out with people who only want to complain. When you’re feeling stressed out, choose to spend more time with friends who will put you in a better mood, instead of making you even more upset.

4. Organization

It’s so easy this far into the year to relax when it comes to schoolwork and keeping your work organized. Keeping all of your notes for each class together and separated from one another will not only improve your grades, but put you in a better state of mind for studying as finals week approaches.

5. Getting enough sleep

We’ve all been there: going to sleep early, even on a school night, can seem so unappealing. But it sucks even more when your alarm clock goes off the next morning for an 8 a.m. and you have to drag yourself to class. Going to bed at a reasonable hour will keep you alert for all of your early classes, and make it much easier on yourself when you’re trying to remember what happened in that day’s classes.

6. Binge watching your favorite TV show

Sometimes, one of the easiest and most effective methods of relieving stress is taking some time for yourself. Taking a day and watching an entire season of your favorite TV show gives you the chance to unwind after finishing a full week of classes, homework, and studying.

I'm Nicole! Nikki, Nic, anything you want to call me really. I'm from south-eastern Pennsylvania and I love life and beauty. Whenever I'm not writing or taking pictures for my blogs or social media accounts, you can find me (hopefully) at the beach surfing, traveling, making new friends and seeing new places. I'm in love with people I've never met and places I've never been to. I am currently a Senior (!!!) at Shippensburg University, majoring in Communications Journalism (focusing in Public Relations) and minoring in Psychology. I would love to work for a PR firm with advertising, event planning and perhaps a chance to travel. Thanks for reading!! - Nicole