harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
harits mustya pratama g4iBHZM sKY unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips on Taking Control of End of Semester Anxieties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ship chapter.

Take a day off to regroup you emotions. Sometimes the feeling of being overwhelmed is your biggest battle. Once in a while all you really need is a day to step back and get a new perspective on your remaining objectives for the rest of the semester. On this day off, relax, rent a red box, and snuggle up in bed with your favorite ice cream (or person). Cuddling really does relieve stress and anxiety.

Do one thing at a time. Opening all your emails and browsers at once can be stressful for you as well as your eyeballs. Doing one thing at a time can relieve some stress and make it known that it’s not that bad. Remember! Rome wasn’t built in a day.

Calling a lifeline. As much as it sucks admitting you need help, you might need just that once in a while. Call your parents, siblings, cousins, whoever is your go to person. We all have one. I always call my mom when I think that I can’t handle college anymore. My mother always makes me take a few steps back, breathe, and do what I have to do. All the while, reassuring me that this is not the end of the world. As much as it seems like the universe is waiting to see you fail, this too shall pass.

Keep an agenda. Make time for everything you need to do, and write everything down in one place so there are no surprises.  After you see you have enough time to do everything at your own pace, things may not seem that bad. Before you know it, everything will be done and you will feel great!

Do not give up! Giving up will in fact with no doubt, make EVERYTHING worse. We all have bad days but remember that it is not a bad life. You’ve been working so hard to come this far. Don’t let the overwhelming feelings you have reflect on your GPA.

I'm Nicole! Nikki, Nic, anything you want to call me really. I'm from south-eastern Pennsylvania and I love life and beauty. Whenever I'm not writing or taking pictures for my blogs or social media accounts, you can find me (hopefully) at the beach surfing, traveling, making new friends and seeing new places. I'm in love with people I've never met and places I've never been to. I am currently a Senior (!!!) at Shippensburg University, majoring in Communications Journalism (focusing in Public Relations) and minoring in Psychology. I would love to work for a PR firm with advertising, event planning and perhaps a chance to travel. Thanks for reading!! - Nicole