Reasons To Get Excited For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

As we say goodbye to summer, we prepare ourselves for the next season, fall! People may not look forward to no longer having the warm summer air and having to adjust to dark, cold nights. If you are one of those people, I have compiled this list to share some things to look forward to during the fall season and show that some good can come out of it!

1. All television shows that had spring finales come back and new ones are on air! My mom and I like to watch “The Middle” and “Modern Family” which are heartfelt comedy shows that make their return in the fall. The return of “Stranger Things” is set to come back October 27th, just in time for Halloween. TGIT on ABC returns with a lineup featuring “Scandal”, “Grey’s Anatomy”, and “How to Get Away with Murder”. Some new shows that are premiering this fall time include “Young Sheldon”, the return of “Will & Grace”, and “The Good Doctor”.

2. Artists tend to release albums around this time of the year. Highly anticipated albums coming later this fall are: Taylor Swift’s “Reputation” (November 11th), P!nk “Beautiful Trauma” (October 13th),  Kelsea Ballerini “Unapologetically” (November 3rd), Travis Scott “Astroworld” (date TBD), Weezer “Pacific Daydream” (October 27th), and more artists that are still preparing and deciding on release dates.

3. LEAVES. As the leaves and weather change, there is a certain type of comfort that comes with witnessing leaves falling on the ground and hearing their crunch as you step on them.

4. Beverages. A lot of people may look forward to the fall time because their favourite seasonal drinks return. Tis the season for Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Hot Chocolate, Salted Caramel Mochas, and Apple Cider.

5. Fall Festivities. Pumpkin Patches, Apple Picking, Farmers Markets.

6. Baked Goods. Pies, Scones, Muffins, just… so much comfort food.

7. Pomegranate Season. Incredible.

8. Corn Mazes. I feel like everyone who goes to a corn maze has a story that came out of their experience. Mine for example is getting lost in the dark and my friend dropping her phone into a pile of hay. Our only way to track it down was to call her phone and listen to Austin Mahone’s “Say Something” lead us to where it was.  

9. Halloween = Haunted Houses. I grew up going to a small one in my hometown. If you are into spooky events, Fright Night at Playland in Vancouver is a must to go to in the month of October.

10. Thanksgiving. Nothing better than comfort food and family time.  

11. Fall Scents. Candles are the perfect addiction to a cozy fall atmosphere.

12. The Crisp Air/Weather. Although it starts to get chilly, there are so many ways to take advantage of the weather. Fall fashion has been on the rise lately and is always a fun way to dress for the season. Whether you find comfort with your heated blanket, blanket scarves, boots, burgundy colours, beanies, dark lip shades, or plaid, there are many ways to stay warm during the season.

13. Sunsets and Sunrises. The orange, yellow, and pink skies make those early mornings and late nights worth it.

14. Sports return. The NHL returns along with the NFL and CFL.

15. And lastly, fall time is just another sign that Christmas is around the corner!

Hopefully this list helps cure the summer blues and makes you a little more excited for fall!

Hello! My name is Emily and I am a 19 year old Communication student at Simon Fraser University. I enjoy writing about what is going on in popular culture, beauty, and life in general. Aside from writing, I love baking, caramel macchiatos, music, and spending time with my loved ones. Growing up, I have always been interested in volunteering and finding ways to help make a difference in people's lives. I believe everyone has that one person that has impacted their life and I hope to be that person for someone. I am still trying to figure out what I want to do in the future, so come along and join my journey of navigating life! You can also reach me on Instagram (@emcookxox), Twitter (@emcookxo), and my personal blog here: https://emcookxo.wordpress.com/.
Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa