This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

The cold weather is (sadly?) upon us, so it’s finally time to switch up our shorts and flip-flops for warm leggings and boots. The days spent playing in the sand at the beach are gone, and it’s turned into days with pumpkin spice lattes and procrastinating by watching every episode of The Mindy Project on Netflix. Here are some fall fashion tips to help keep you warm, comfy, and looking cute on the Mountain.

1. Sweater Weather

The autumn weather means it’s time to pull out those oversized, comfy sweaters. Solid colours are staples for your wardrobe, or try a funky pattern to change things up.

2. Hats

A cute beanie or fedora is a great way to stay warm, look cute, and… let’s face it – not do your hair. If you’ve hit the snooze button three too many times, not to worry! Just throw on a beanie and you’ve saved yourself the time of actually having to do your hair. 

3. Boots, boots, and more boots!

An important thing to consider is your feet! Your toes can get wet pretty quickly on the West Coast. The style of your boots is up to you, and it can range from cute booties, to knee highs, to thigh high boots. 

4. Leggings

Whether it’s a pair of plain black ones or kittens on spaceships, leggings are always a great fall staple piece. 

5. Joggers

Joggers synch at the ankles, looking a bit more fancy than your traditional pair of sweats. Pair them with a cute pair of sneakers and a long sleeve shirt on an overcast day. 

6. Long Coats

A warm, yet fashionable coat can make a bold statement as you walk from class to class. 

7. Blanket Scarves

This has to be one of my favourite fall fashion trends, along with joggers. These scarves not only act as cute scarves, but they can be used as blankets as you study for your midterms in the library, or eat lunch at the MBC.

8. Layers are your best friend! 

It gets cold up on the mountain, so layer up! Pair a long sleeve shirt with a cute cardigan and a trench coat. Walking from Blusson Hall to the library can get cold!

9. And lastly, a cute umbrella

It’s not exactly fashion you wear, but your accessories are important too. Stay protected from the rain with a cool pattern like stripes or rainbow polka dots. 

And there you have it! Some simple tips to help you survive the changing weather on the Mountain, but this can even apply to any other school you go to along the West Coast. #westcoastbestcoast #right? 

I'm a second year student who loves to write, read, and do anything creative. There's nothing like spending a night relaxing and watching Netflix. Beyonce is everything. "I don't have to prove anything to anyone, I only have to follow my heart, and concentrate on what I want to say to the world. I run my world." - Beyonce