7 Things You NEED To Do This Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Spring is almost upon us! It’s finally time to say goodbye to wearing god-knows-how-many layers to survive Vancouver’s surprise mini-blizzards. Was winter a bore and a pain? Were you stuck indoors wishing you were picnicking with your significant other? Well, here are 7 things you could do to get the most out of the fresh new season in Vancouver:

1. Redecorate your room

If you were stuck inside for the most of winter, like me, your room is probably a mess from the constant take-outs and hiding under the warmth of your blankets. I suggest a change of sheets and a new setting! Move some furniture around, consult a feng-shui chart, and be ready to receive ALL the positive vibes.

2. Set a date for the Cherry Blossom Festival

Did you know you could be transported to Japan with just a train ride? Visit the Cherry Blossom Festival that starts on the 3rd of April to 29th of April located all over Vancouver. Visit vcbf.ca for more information on where the flowers are blooming and which spots are local favourites.

3. Start a bujo!

A what? A bullet journal! Whether you’re just starting, or have already forgotten about your bujo, pick up a journal of your choice and some colourful pens to give it a fresh look and some loving! Get creative with inspiration from YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram or your friends.

4. Spring cleaning

Nothing screams spring like spring cleaning. The sun is coming out, the layers are coming off! It’s time to bring those tees back to good use. Go throw what you did and didn’t wear this past season, and get rid of them by donation or using them as old rags. Another woman’s trash is another woman’s treasure.

5. Kayaking on False Creek

The weather is beautiful for a trip to False Creek! Grab a couple of friends and head down for a weekend of fun kayaking outdoors. If you have never kayaked, now is the time to do it!

6. Hiking!

If you aren’t taking advantage of this sun, I will! Hiking is a great way to get outside and get the blood pumping. After a hike, there’s always the opportunity of grabbing brunch after. Mmm, brunch.

7. Dabble in a new interest

Have something on your bucket list that you’ve always wanted to pick up? Knitting? Yoga? Cooking? If you’re waiting for a sign from the universe, now is the time!

I'm a small girl who likes to try everything once. I love seeking thrills, makeup and Netflix.
Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa