5 Networking Events to Attend in Vancouver this Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFU chapter.

Tis the season…. To get networking! You know what they say, its often about who you know, and whether you are still a student, recently graduated, or have already began your career, networking never gets old. In fact, I would argue that it is easily one of the mot important aspects breaking into the career field and lucky for us Vancouverites, they opportunities to network and meet industry professionals are plenty. Below, I have taken it upon myself to compile a list of some local networking opportunities happening in Vancouver this month!

1. CPRS Vancouver Holiday Social: #MERRYMEMORIES

WHEN: December 14th, 5:30 PM – 8:30 PM

WHERE: Kingston Taphouse and Grille, 755 Richards Street, Vancouver BC

WHAT: Join CPRS Vancouver this holiday season to network, share PR stories, relax, and socialize, while enjoying a complimentary drink and treats! Only $10 for student members!

* get tickets here

2. Mentor Speed Dating for Women in Tech

WHEN: December 12th, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM 

WHERE: EYEXPO Technology Corp, 2400-1055 W Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC V6E 4P3

WHAT: If you are a women and aspiring tech professional interested in growing your network and meeting some inspirational female mentors, then this *FREE* event is the one for you!

* get tickets here

3. BrainStation Vancouver Info Session

WHEN: December 13th, 5:00PM

WHERE: BrainStation Vancouver, 1110 Hamilton Street, Vancouver BC

WHAT: Are you interested in building your digital skills? BrainStation Vancouver is ready to help you with this as well as offers courses, boot-camps, workshops, and events to help you stand out!

* get tickets here

4. Spring Holiday Market and Community Celebration

WHEN: December 13th, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM

WHERE: Mobify, 725 Granville Street #420, Vancouver, BC V7Y 1C6

WHAT: Celebrate with Mobify’s community of social impact entrepreneurs, meet great contacts, gain bright insight, and be introduced to some amazing new products. 

* get tickets here

5. SME Strategy Winter Mingler

WHEN: December 12th, 6:00 PM – 8:30 PM

WHERE: SME Strategy Offices at the Hive Vancouver, 128 w Hastings- Suite 210. Vancouver BC V6B 

WHAT: Engaging conversation and great networking opportunities for those who are aspiring entrepreneurs, business people and community leaders.

* get tickets here

Lastly, be sure to check out these tips from IABC BC to ensure your next networking experience is smooth and successful: click here!

Remember, there is never any downside to getting out there and building your personal & professional network. So, get networking, people! 
Hi, I'm Lynsey! I am a 20 something full-time Communications student at SFU, the past PR/Marketing Director of HC SFU, and current Campus Correspondent. I am also an avid literature lover, coffee consumer, and aspiring PR professional who is still fairly new to the city, as my roots are deep in the West Kootenays.  Follow me on Instagram @lynseygray, to get to know me better at lynseygray.ca, or connect with me on LinkedIn https://ca.linkedin.com/in/lynsey-gray-088755aa