Tips on Finals and Maintaining Focus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Photo by: Scope Blog – Stanford University 

It’s finally the end of the semester, which means that finals are coming up. This is a time filled with stress and sleep deprivation, but here are some things you can do to stay on top of your finals and maintain focus:

• While studying is important, it’s also important that you take care of yourself and your mental health. If you’ve been studying for hours, take 10-15 minutes and go take a walk for fresh air.
  • Take breaks and do some jumping jacks to get your endorphins running to keep yourself going.
  • Sometimes you have to avoid stressful people. If you spend time studying with people who are stressing out, you’ll probably stress out, too. 
  • Get plenty of sleep!
  • Remember to eat!
  • While coffee may seem like your lifeline right now, you should avoid caffeine and sugar. You could have crashes after eating or drinking foods that are high in sugar. Instead, go for water and healthier snacks.
  • When all hope seems lost, just take a deep breath and remember that summer is right around the corner. Just remember to stay focused and give it everything you’ve got!
Brianna is a Psychology major with a minor in Human Development and Family Studies here at SFA. She is passionate about people and that's how she landed a spot as CC for Her Campus' chapter at SFA! She enjoys hanging out with her cats, getting tattoos, and doing research. Her passion is to help the LGBTQ+ community by focusing on LGBTQ+ health and therapy in the future.