Southland Conference Champions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

There’s been plenty of talk about our men’s basketball team this season, but with plenty reason. On tonight, March 9, The Stephen F. Austin State University Men’s Basketball team won the championship for the Southland Conference. 

The 2013 Southland Conference Men’s Basketball Tournament will take place during spring break on March 13-16 at the Merrell Center in Katy, Texas. The Southland Conference is a part of the 2012-2013 NCAA Division I men’s basketball season, with an automatic bid, or spot, in the 2013 NCAA Tournament. 

With an overall record of 27-3 and a Southland record of 17-2, these Lumberjacks have proven their ability to “Axe” their competitors! 

According to the Southland Conference website, SFA will play on March 15 at 5 p.m. The game will be televised on the ESPN3 station. 

Congratulations and Axe Em Jacks! 

Kayla Borens is a senior from Stephen F Austin State University pursuing a degree in Public Communications. She has been selected as a recipient for the 2012 Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges and graduate of Kilgore Junior College. Kayla currently interns for pr firm CasMacPR, and teaches Zumba! She is also an active member in a Christian youth group, The TURNAROUND in East Texas, as well as a supporting sister of younger brother, Spencer and older sister, Selena. Her post-graduation plans include working in Texas pursuing a career in public relations and social media and making her parents proud. :) You can follow her via Twitter @PR_incess_KayB & @creativedream_.