Series: The Perfect Coat, Jacket & Sweater, Part I

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SFA chapter.

Part I: Coats & Jackets

With Winter just around the corner, it’s time to trade in those short-shorts for some sturdy denim skinny jeans and that Summer tank top for a nice heavy-duty coat and sweater. I say let’s take it up a notch and add some fun to our winter clothes this year, so how about it? Below, is a list of coats, jackets and sweater ideas that you can add to your wardrobe this winter along with separates that’ll take it up a notch in style and have everyone guessing! 

With any heavy-duty coat, a good coat will run for about $50-$100, the pro to this is that this coat will and can last you for a lifetime! No need to purchase another (unless if you have the bucks for it). First coat option:

Trench Coat

I absolutely love trenches! Not only does a trench add dimension to your wardrobe, but it creates a business savvy look that has you looking and walking like a professional. If you’re running late for class you can easily throw on a pair of jeans with a nice blouse and boots with a trench, and you’ll be set!

1. Vila 2 In 1 Trench Coat $84

2. Aryn K Dillon Trench Coat $130

3. Vero Moda Short Trench Coat  $37

Crop/Moto Jacket

Now this jacket is the perfect mix of chic, dangerous and sassy! This jacket describes the perfect girl who likes to hang with the boys. Classic Kristen Stewart in my eyes! Put this jacket over a nice silhouette dress or some nice denim pants and you’re instantly ready for the day. The Moto jacket is perfect for those who love a little attitude. In the words of Michael Jackson,’Gone, girl!’.

1. Street-Chic Moto Jacket   $22.80

2. Buckled Collar Bomber Jacket  $42.80

3. Cool Combo Moto Jacket $22.80

Bomber Jacket

Cool, downtown chic is what this jacket exudes! Perfect year-round, a bomber can be mixed with a pair of denim shorts or a nice flared skirt (short or long). Any way you like to wear it, a bomber fits right in! 

1. Retro Polka Dot Bomber $34.80

2. Heavy Petal Bomber Jacket  $23.20

3. Bomber Jacket with Mixed Jacquard $33.75

Parka/Anorak Jacket

Another year-round jacket that’s nice to have for the winter is an Anorak coat also known as a Parka. Often times Parka’s comes with a fur hoodie to protect you from the harsh winter weather, but now and days hoodies aren’t included, which makes them essential year round. Style wise? Totally prints! If you’re into living on the edge, try pairing your parka with prints! It creates the perfect harmony!

1. Desert Cool Parka  $34.80

2.  Loyal Chambray Anorak $50.40

3. Must-Have Parka $67.80

Find ways to keep yourself warm this season with the options listed above! This will have others totally into you! Stay tuned for Part II: Sweaters

Faidat Bakare is a photojournalism major at Stephen F. Austin State University. From Houston, TX, outside of writing articles and capturing feature photos, her outside hobbies includes a list of things such as: fashion photography, beauty and occasionally editorial styling. Besides dabbling in all things fashion, she’s written articles for SFASYOU, an on-going project created and maintained by Journalism students at her university. Currently a senior, she’s preparing for her big break in the world of communications and advertising design. Website: www.faidatbakare.com